one // i'm a monster

--Bowser's P.O.V--

"Everybody is staring at me like I'm a freak, Benji. How long do I have to be here?"

Multiple people's eyes followed me as I walked across the school parking lot with my brother. They all looked like they had seen a ghost.

My brother grinned. "Well, you are a freak. That's why you need to cover your head with a paper bag."

I shoved my hand into his shoulder. "You have the exact same face as me which means you should be wearing a paper bag as well."

Benji shrugged. "I don't wear gigantic amounts of eyeliner, my hair doesn't stick up all over the place, and the last time I checked, it wasn't blonde. And I don't wear a black leather jacket when it's extremely sunny outside."

"Good point," I said, stuffing my hands into my jacket, my floral doc martins clomping on the black asphalt. "For your information, I wear this jacket for various reasons. One, being the fact that I hate the sun and love being pale."

"You look like a vampire," my twin brother remarked as we reached the main entrance. My hand wrapped around the silver, metal, door handle to pull it open, but stopped as I heard my brother's name called from behind me.

"Hey, Benji!" We both turned to see a boy around our age, running to catch up with us. He was dressed in a blue and yellow track uniform, his brown hair dripping with sweat. He skidded to a stop in front of us, turning his head to look at me. "And who are you?"

Benji smiled. "Chris, this is my twin brother, Bowser. He's coming to watch my swim practice today."

The boy, who was apparently named Chris, smiled at me. "I didn't know Benji had a brother, especially a twin. It's nice to meet you, Bowser."

He held his hand out for me to shake, but I kept my left hand positioned on the door handle and my right hand at my side. My eyes traveling to his outstretched hand back up to his face. "You too, Chris."

Benji chuckled nervously, patting my back. Well, it was more like a slamming. "He's a bit of a germaphobe, I apologize."

Chris lowered his hand, the smile still staying on his face. "No worries, man. I understand." He ran a hand through his damp hair. "I was just stopping by to tell you that my parents said yes about coming to your swim meet tomorrow."

Benji nodded. "You'll get to meet my parents for the first time then. They've been anxious to meet you since I always go over to your house and you don't come to mine."

I rolled my eyes, turning my head away from their friendly exchange. I didn't belong anywhere near this school and I wish that I didn't agree to watch Benji's swimming practice. Our mother was already forcing me to attend his last swim meet of the year tomorrow and I knew without a doubt that everyone on that team would look at me like I was a ghost.

However, I practically was one.

"Well, I better get back to running," Chris remarked. "Coach has been getting on me for not practicing enough."

Benji nodded while Chris turned towards me again. "Nice to meet you, Bowser."

With that, he took off running once again.

I pulled the door open, allowing Benji to walk in first before following him, letting the door slam shut behind me.

"It's comforting to know that none of your friends have any clue who I am," I remarked, stuffing my hands in my jacket. "Do you wanna explain that to me, Benji Lux?"