"Why you guys looking at me?" he asked incrediously. We just laughed and then he shrugged.

"To me, it seems like a good enough idea. The more people the better?" he said and then phrased the last part like a question. 

We ended up deciding that it was probably the best idea at the moment. We needed more fighters and able bodied people. I turned and nodded my head at Dorothy. A smile spread across her face and she whispered something to her people as well. They all just nodded and bad boy looked in my direction. Was it my imagination or did he just wink at me? I turned back around with my eyebrows furrowing a bit. I saw Rick looking at me and I could tell he was containing his laughter.

"Did you see that?" I mouthed.

He nodded and then coughed into his palm to stifle his laugh. Robert looked over at us questioningly but we just looked away. I smiled slightly.

Glad to know I wasn't completely invisible anymore. 

We set off for our camp and told Dorothy where her people could find us. She promised to be there before the next day so that way we could leave soon. The ride back was a bit tiring and yet we were happy. We had gotten a lot more gas than we had bargained with, except we were beginning to worry. Having more people in our group was great, but that meant more mouths to feed and more people to care for. We were barely getting by with the amount of survivors we had now, adding more to the list seemed unreasonable. I had heard about Mark's sister talking about leaving the group once we got to Vegas. She wanted to take her little sister was her as well, duhh she was family. Some people actually showed interest to her idea. I mean it did bother me, but it was their lives, not mine.

We arrived back at the motel and then our smiles were wiped clean off of our faces. Something was really wrong. The door in the front was open slightly and we could see a bloody handprint on the window. I gulped and then we all looked at eachother. Something had happened while we were gone. 

I jumped out of the car and crept towards the front. I looked down at the floor and braced myself for the worst. There was a dead zombie on the floor and I sighed in relief. But then I noticed there was still blood everywhere. Where had the blood come from? I put the crossbow up to my shoulder and crept forwards. I heard the sound of footsteps behind me and turned around slightly scared, it was just the rest of the guys. I felt better knowing I had back up just in case things got ugly. My head snapped up when I heard the sound of things being moved around in a room. I looked over at Rick.

"Walker of human?"

He sniffed the air quickly "walkers" he replied. He said walkers instead of walker. There was more than one in that room, but why was it so quiet?

I crept forwards and the door was wide open. I looked inside and saw the zombie pawing at one of the closet doors impatiently. There was another zombie by the window rocking back and forth slightly. What the fuck? 

I quickly shot the other one and its body slumped hard again the closet door. Then I heard a whimper. Someone was in the closet. Relief flooded coursed through my body and I shot the other zombie. I walked towards the closet door and my hand reached out. Just as I was about to open it something hot dripped onto my hand. What the hell? I looked upwards slowly and I felt like it was a horror movie in the parts where you know that person is going to die. There was a weird looking zombie, stuck to the roof and it looked down at my hungrily. It's eyes for a moment looked almost human, but then I knew I was fooling myself. This thing was dead and shouldn't even be moving. I raised my crossbow to fire and then I heard its groan, it sounded like something horrible. The sound pieced my ears and threw my aim off. Just then it sprang off the roof and almost landed on me when I heard the sound of a gun go off. Blood splattered all over my face and onto my chest. I whimpered slightly and then looked down at the dead thing. Robert pushed me aside and shoved the creature aside with his foot.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded. I had read his lips, my ears were still ringing from the shot. 

"Where are the others?" I mumbled.

"They went to go check out the rest of the place" 

I nodded and then looked at the closet door. The doorknob began to move slightly and then the door opened slowly. Andy stepped out of the room, covered in blood. Instantly I pulled him towards me.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I cried.

"It's actually a funny story." he replied and laughed uneasily. 

Turns out the story wasn't really that funny. 

Andy had been outside keeping watch and he decided he wanted to be cool and twirl his knife around. He then had cut himself deeply and began to bleed everywhere. He had left the bloody handprint, no the zombie. He said that after he noticed there was a small number of zombies headed in his direction. He panicked and managed to kill one but then ran back into the motel for safety. He said he had alerted the others, but wasn't sure what had happened to him. He was going where Dianne was going until he noticed the weird zombie thing following him. That's when he hid in the closet, hoping that we would return soon. 

"What was that thing?" Robert asked me thoughtfully as I began to stitch Andy's arm. He winced in pain and bit down on his lip. 

" I have no idea." I breathed and then Sam walked into the room. Joe followed behind, his eyes were rimmed with red. He had been crying. I looked at Sam questioningly and she mouthed "later" I already knew she had ended things though, that much was obvious. 

"Where were you guys when the attack happened?" I asked curiously.

"We took Crossbone out for a little ride." Sam replied nonchalantly. 

I nodded. The rest of the group had fled out through the motel, some had even gone upstairs and barricaded all the entrances there were. Smart. Luckily no one had gotten hurt, they were all a little shook up. I knew that the shot Robert had fired had probably been a bad idea. For now there were no signs of danger, but we weren't in the clear yet. 

I sat outside in the cold night with Rick by my side and a little lamp set up between us. Robert hadn't liked the arrangement but he needed the sleep more than I did. His eyes were rimmed with purple and his eyes had been bloodshot.

"We need to leave soon." I whispered in to the night.

"I know." replied Rick.

"Why did you stay with us?" I asked after a while. This was a question I had been asking myself for a while. I looked over at him and our eyes met. He looked down and then smiled shyly.

"I just felt like I belonged here." he said. He woudln't meet my eyes and he began to play with his fingernails. We heard the sound of engines and we stood up instinctively. We saw the headlights heading towards us and then the cars pulled over slowly. I saw a total of three cars. There weren't that much people, just the 5 from earlier and it looked like 2 more.

"Welcome." I said cheerfully. Dorothy walked towards me and smiled happily.

"So what are the plans miss?" she asked me politely.

"We wait until the morning. You guys should get some rest, there are still some motel rooms available. We head out once the sun starts to come up."

"Sure thing. Oh, and thank you...for letting us come." she mumbled slightly and then turned to walk away.

"No prob." I replied quickly and then smiled.