Chapter 3

Mari's prov.

We arrived at the place where we were hunting the witch. I heard the sound of jets. I turned to see Kid riding on a skateboard. Come on its faster this way. Kid said reaching out his hand. But its just a few more miles. I said. Just take my hand. He said. I took it and hoped on the back. I raped my arms around his wast this was to close for comfort. We zoomed off towards the ruins where the witch lived. Wow this place is amazing. I said running around looking at all of it. So you like architecture? Kid said amused. Whats so amusing. I demanded. Nothing. Kid answered quickly. Just remember we're here to... Kid started. But before he could finish I was dragged away by my feet. I clawed at the earth. I ended up uses my magic to stop. Blood blades. I shouted. I dug them into the earth stoping and the force recoiled. Mari. Kid shouted. Are you ok. Ya. I shouted. I looked at my arms after the blades recoiled back into my flesh. There where giant cuts on my arms and I could feel the pain from the ones on my back. I got up as Kid came through the hole. He reached me as I started to fall down.

Kid's prov.

I caught Mari as she started to fall. When I caught her I got a good look at the giant cuts on her back. Your hurt. I said supporting her weight. I'm fine. She said pushing me away. I can hardly stand. I said bring her face up to mine so she couldn't look away. I'll be fine. She whispered. You should be worried about yourself. She took my shirt and pulled me out of the way as thousands of arrows came out of the hole next to us. This time something grabbed Mari by her arm and pulled her below. I ran after her but I wasn't fast enough.

Mari's prov.

I felt my arm snap as I as dragged down. So little witch what are you doing with a reaper. Said the disembodied voice. That is none of your concern. I told it. Well we'll have to see about that. It hissed. I felt a cold clammy hand on my arm. It pulled my arm behind my back. Now the truth or I snap your arm like a twig. It purred. I don't have to tell you anything. I said. Then there was a loud snap ad then a scream. I didn't realized until Kid started shouting if I was ok that it was my scream. It let go of my arm. I held on to it. Kid came through the hole above. What took you so long? I demanded. What happened. He asked. I smacked him in the side of the face. Maybe you should be in more of a hurry. I should have brought Liz and Patty. He muttered. You think. I shouted. I said close to hitting him again.

Kid's prov.

I felt Mari's hand met my face for the second time. Ow what was that for? I asked rubbing me cheek. Someone has to knock some since into you. Mari said shaking her fist as a treat. We have to find a way out of here. I said. I turned looking around. Well I guess we go up. I said. I turned again looking for Mari. Where did you go? I asked. Are you really that slow? I heard Mari demand from above me. I looked up and there she was. She reached out her hand. Come its faster this way. She said. I took her hand and she pulled me up to the next floor. After a few minutes we where out and in the open air. I can not escape my prey and my prey can not escape me. We heard a voice from behind us say. We turn to see a witch controlling the plants as if they where her pets. Come my plants its time to kill these fools. She shouts and so after thousands of plants come to kill us. Great a fight and we are defenseless. I said. Come on kid we just need to find her weak spot. Mari said as we did our best to attack and locate said weak spot.

Mari's prov.

Our plan went wrong first thing. All her plants went strait for kid and went through his gut. Shit. I muttered as I turned and head for kid. Kid wake up. I said. Mari. He whispered. Watch out. He jumped and stud in front of the next attack. Which make a hole all the way through his back. He fell backwards in a puddle of his own blood. Kid. I poked his face. If I don't leave now you'll die but I have to kill this witch. Well lets kill her.