------------

"Who's on the list?"

I look down at Ares question, staring with a puzzled face at the list of names before me.

"1. Miles Young
2. Kyle Tonks
3. Leroy Lopez
4. Andrew Jeep
5. Rusty Todd
6. Spencer Todd
7. Athena Marshall
8. Jonah King."

Ares stares at me with the most uncomfortable eyes I've ever seen, flashing shades of blue. Perhaps he fears our recruitment list.

"Why the hell is Thena on there? And Jonah.... wholy shit he's a wizard. You know I hate wizards!"

His head falls into his palms as he groans at our potential pack. I know that putting Thena's name on there is pretty ballsy, but Thena has wicked potential. She just can't show it because her brother is the Alpha, I want to give her power that she'll shine with. She's a down right bitch, but I need that kind of ethic in my pack. Jonah on the other hand, he's got the build of a werewolf but the powers of a wizard. I want to offer him the opportunity of the bite. However, there would have to be some serious construction in his anger management.

Andrew, Rusty and Spencer made the cut because they are outstanding wizards that have to follow a set of rules. If they join my pack, I'll make sure they can create their own rules.

After explaining myself to Ares he seemed to come around, seriously concerned about Athena.

"But she's so.... argh." He throws his hands in the air, trying to describe just how irritating she is to him.

"But she's good, better than Zeus. Even you can't deny that."

He heaves a heavy sigh, spreading out on the couch in the living room.

"I know." He groans, rolling his eyes as if that was the hardest thing he has ever had to say in his life.

"So, should we go recruiting now?" I ask him, grabbing his keys from the coffee table beside him.

"This isn't Xmen, Rori. We can't just stroll up like Professor Xavier and wait for them to pledge their allegiance."

I give a small laugh at how he compares our pack to Xmen. I suppose in a way, he's right. But this isn't a comic book, this is real and I need these people on my side as soon as possible. Then, I'll find a place to base my pack. As our numbers increase, we will become wealthier and stronger. Good things start small.

"We're going to go see Miles." I stand up, with his keys wrapped around my finger. He stands up, once again shaking his head.

"You realize not everyone will be happy to see me? I'm the traitor."

"And you're also my mate, and the father of my pups."

He smiles and his eyes flicker green, for a second I thought he was going to kiss me. But he didn't, and I found myself with this yearning feeling in my chest. Like once again I wanted him, but I could still feel another part of me holding back. How am I supposed to love the Rouge? How can I even fix his broken heart while mines still broken itself.

I sigh, feeling my stomach. I want my pups to have a happy start at life, and that means a good pack and happy parents. I think I'll work on the parents part later.