"August. You had plenty of time to tell me this but you didn't. I had to find out by a post on your Instagram account."

"You kno' people managin' my account!"

"Oh, so if it wasn't posted you would'nt have told me? That's even better." I raised my arms in sarcastic manner as well as my tone.

"Hey, watch ya tone," he grabbed my arm lightly.

I looked at his hand, then his eyes and back at his hard. He removed it quickly. Boooy, you almost...

"I just don't see what's the big deal baybeh," he reached for my waist this time but I backed up from him.

I shook my head, "August, I'm leaving. I'll talk to you whenever I feel like it or whenever you feel like you can explain yourself better." I said stepping into my sandals.

"This isn't the first time you've done this August, so I know you know better. Not telling me something important is the same as lying."

I slipped my jean shorts on over my wet bathing suit bottoms not caring, followed by my white Adidas shoes with the black stripes. I didn't bother to put on a shirt seeing as my top fit more like a sports bra.

I was ready to head for the door until he said something, trailing behind me.

"This coming from tha female dat wasn't neva down ta hear shit from me before hand. You hadda wait 'til I told tha world."

"That's different! That was your music, your pride and joy! At that time, I was just a fan of yours wanting no special treatment whatsoever, I didn't want the special treatment.

Fast forward months and I still don't want special treatment as a fan but as a girlfriend I need it if it can possibly affect our relationship."

I waited for him to say something but he didn't. Maybe he'll get it right this time, I thought.

"See you whenever," I headed for the door once again, wanting him to say stay we can work this out but he didn't.

That's what hurt the most. Just hours ago, he said I walked away too many times for him to let me do it again but here he was letting me do it again.

Instead of stopping me, he held the door for me.

*

I thought long and hard about the small argument me and August had some days, almost a week ago. I hadn't talked to him, he hadn't tried to contact me.

I supposed he was busy picking a winner for his contest or getting things ready for the tour coming up soon but I told myself to not be bothered by it. I tried but it didn't work. That's the reason I chose to drive the distance to my aunts house.

Pulling into the driveway, I parked my car and shut it off. The drive was longer than need be due to traffic caused by a nasty wreck on the interstate. I was dirt tired from driving.

Hazel and I were supposed to be here by five but instead ended up here by almost seven. There wasn't much daylight left, not enough for a full blow photoshoot.