N I N E

Tris
As I stand by the shop I notice it starting to get darker and darker. I check my phone and see that it's been 10 minutes since I talked to Four and he still hasn't showed up. The wind blows and I shiver from the coldness.
Where is he? I think. I pull out my phone and click on his contact and hold the phone up to my ear. The phone goes straight to voicemail. I groan in frustration when I heard a crack coming from the left side of the building. I freeze and slowly turn around to see if there anything there. I sigh in relief as a black cat jumps out from a trash can. His big green eyes stare at me with intensity, but breaks the stare with a small meow and trots in the other direction.
See nothing to worry about, I think to myself, I'm just being paranoid. A black car pulls up to the curb and the window rolls down. I smile expecting it to be Four but it was an older woman.
"Are you lost sweetheart?" She asks.
"Yeah a little." I responded.
"Where are you headed at a time like this?" I look up and realize how incredibly dark it was.
"I was coming back from the police station and I got lost, but my friend was supposed to pick me up but I have no idea where he is." I state getting a little worried about Four. 
"Do you need a ride? Where are you headed?" She asks me.
"I'm heading down towards Chicago. Do you know how far away that is from here?" I ask trying to keep my calm and not freak out.
"Honey that's about thirty miles from here. I can give you a ride if you want. I'm headed that way anyways." I look around to see its almost pitch black out. I hesitate but respond,
"Actually a ride sounds nice. Thank you."
"No problem sweetheart. Get on in!" I open the passenger door and get in.
"Thank you again for doing this." I stated
"It's my pleasure. What's your name darling?"
"My name is Tris. What's your name?"
"My names Carolyn. I'm from Florida but came up to take care of my mom."
I feel a lump rise up in my throat at the thought of my mom. I miss her like crazy. In all honesty I don't even know how I'm not breaking down right now. I wonder if Caleb, dad, and mom like it in their new place. I'm suddenly snapped out of my thoughts by Carolyn.
"Are you okay? You kinda spaced out for like five minutes."  I shake my head to clear my thoughts and say,
"I'm fine. Thanks for asking. I just have a lot on my mind."
"Okay." Is all she says, which I'm extremely grateful for. A lot of people would push and pry in your personal business, but she doesn't pry Carolyn just drops it and let's it go.  Suddenly my phone rings and I slightly jump at the sudden vibrations from my pocket. Fours name popped up on my Caller id and I immediately cringed.
Crap I think I forgot to tell him I caught a ride.
"Hello?"
"TRIS WHERE ARE YOU? ARE YOU OKAY? ARE YOU HURT?" He keeps rambling on and on until I finally shut him up.
"FOUR!" I shout into the phone getting his attention. Carolyn looks at me weird and I mouth an I'm sorry and she nods her head.
"I'm okay I got a ride." I hear him sigh in relief and take another deep breath.
"You scared me." He says in a low voice.
"I know. I know. And I'm sorry. It just got really dark and a nice lady offered me a ride so I took up the offer because I started to freak out and get paranoid."   "Alright I guess I'll see you tomorrow at lunch then?" He asks giving in.
"Yeah I'll see you then. Bye." And hung up.