She shook her head. "You wouldn't have believed me. Now I know what kind of Alpha you are. And where your next step lies." Scott furrowed his eyebrows. "What next step?"

Araya smirked. "When you take the bite of an innocent, when you make a wolf of your own, when you do that, then, I will cross your border and come knocking at your door." She opened the door for us as we walked out. "So what now?" Stiles asked as we walked through the town.

"She think shes knows where we can find Derek." Malia nodded crossing her arms. She gonna tell us where?" Scott scratched the back of his head. "Uh actually, she's giving us a guide." As if on que, a motorcycle pulled up in front of us, reveling a girl. Scott's eyes widened as Stiles turned towards him.

"You know her?" He questioned. Scott nodded. "Braeden." Malia crossed her arms. "Who's Braeden?"

"She's a mercenary." Braeden nodded. "Right now, i'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia." I furrowed my eyebrows. "The church?"

Stiles turned towards me. "What's The Church." Braeden shook her head. "It's not a place you'll find God."

We all piled into the car, following Braeden through Mexico. "Okay, i'll ask again. Who's Kate Argent?" Malia asked as Kira nodded. "Uh, i'd like to know too."

I sighed. "Well, we were at her funeral. So, i'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground." Scott shook his head. "She was never in it." Lydia turned towards Malia. "She was Allison's aunt. And a total sociopath."

Kira coughed. "You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Malia shook her head. "Um, yes he does." Scott sighed. "Yeah, she's right. You guys should know. You need to know."

I crossed my arms. "Alright, Kate was the one who set the fire that killed most of Derek's family." Scott nodded. Some of them survived, like Cora and Peter."

"A very angry Peter." Scott nodded. "Yeah, he's the one who bit and turned me."

"And the one who finally caught up to Kate and killed her." Stiles rolled his eyes. "And we saw her buried."

Scott shook his head. "No. We saw a casket, remember? She wasn't in it. The calaveras heard that Kate had been killed by an Alpha's claws. They wanted to make sure she was really dead. Her body was healing. More and more as she got closer to a full moon. She was coming back. So they switched out the bodies. If a hunter is bit, they have to take their own life before they change. The Calaveras, they treat the code like law. They make it their responsibility to enforce it."

Malia nodded. "Good for her. I wouldn't do it either." I rolled my eyes. "Would you kill half a dozen people to get out? Because that's what she did." Malia glared at me as Kira spoke up. "So Kate's a werewolf now?"

Scott shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. You know, there's a saying , sometimes the shape you take reflects the person you are." I crossed my arms. "What kind of shape is a sociopathic bitch?" Suddenly, the jeep bounced up, a thud coming from underneath it.

"Uh Stiles, what's going on?" He shook his head, pulling over to the side. "I don't know." We got out of the car as Braeden stopped in front of us, getting off her bike. "What happened?"

Stiles opened the hood of his vehicle. "I don't know. It felt like we hit something." Brenden sighed, turning to Scott. "Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." Scott sighed turning towards Stiles and I.

"Go." We said as Scott shook his head. "Not without you both." I crossed my arms. "Scott, someone needs to find Derek. We'll figure something out. We always do. Just go." Scott sighed. "Okay."

"Scott, I can't think of anything else to say except for be careful. And I know be careful sounds kind of lame and i'm totally sure the second you're gone i'm gonna think of something much better, but i-" Scott cut her off, chuckling. "Be careful works for me."

"Scott, the sun's going down." Scott nodded, turning back to Kira. "Hey, I gotta go." She nodded as Scott walked over to Braeden, getting onto the bike. Braeden got into front as they rode off.

"Stiles. I don't think we hit something. I think something hit us." Malia stood up, pulling out a huge claw. Something really didn't want us getting to the church.

"Maybe we should just walk." Lydia sighed as Stiles grunted. "I will never abandon this jeep. You understand me? Ever. Ever. Ever." Lydia held her hands up as Malia stared into the distance. "Work Faster, Stiles. There's something out here with us."

I rolled my eyes. "You wanna try fixing the jeep?" She glared at me before turning away. "That's what I thought."

As the sky got darker, Stiles got frustrated as I held the the light down the engine. I shivered as the cold breeze passed over me. "Aubrey, could you please hold the light still for a second? It's really hard to see anything if you keep shaking it like that."

I tried to contain my shaking as I glanced around. "I'm shaking it like this because we're in the middle of nowhere with your broken down jeep and we're being attacked by yet another razor-clawed monster. And i'm terrified." Stiles glanced up at me. "Well, just be slightly less terrified. And hold this."

He handed me some weird part. "What's this?" Stiles shrugged. "I don't know. I'm hoping it's not important."

"Anything." I heard Kira ask as Malia growled. "It's too hard to see. We should've brought another flashlight." I heard Kira gasp. "Did you see that?" Malia roared as footsteps ran through the sand. Glancing over, I saw Malia running up a hill.

"Malia, wait!" Kira shouted running after her. "Hey, Malia!" Stiles yelled as I grabbed his shoulders. "Kira, go! You, fix the jeep. If Malia wants to ruin around like an idiot, then let her, but focus." Stiles sighed, going back to the jeep.

Suddenly, the motor started as Stiles sighed. "Finally, now where are the others." Malia and Kira came running down from the hill. "Come on, get in."

Lydia got into the back with Malia and Kira as I got into the front. "Don't do that ever again." Stiles sighed as he drove down the road. "Do what?"

"I thought you just took off. I thought you were running." Malia rolled her eyes. "I was running." Stiles shook his head. "No, I mean like, I thought you were leaving."

Malia shook her head. "I wouldn't leave without anyone." Stiles nodded. "Good."

"That doesn't look good." Lydia commented as I glanced in back of me, noticing a deep cut on Malia's thigh. Malia shrugged. "It's okay."

"Are you sure? It looks deep?" She nodded again. "I can feel it healing." Lydia raised her eyebrows. "You didn't see anything?" She shook her head. "Barley. It had a strong scent thought."

"Like what?" Stiles and I asked. "Like death."

We arrived at the church as the sun peaked over the horizon. "Where are they?" I muttered as we walked down into the ditch. "They have to be around here somewhere." I heard coughing as Scott and Braeden came out of the building, holding a young boy.

"Is that him? Is that Derek?" Malia asked as the boy looked up. "Uh, sort of."

My eyes widened. "Oh my god." It was indeed Derek, but he was years younger. It was like the movie 17 again had actually happened.

So that was the first chapter of Hiraeth. I hope you all enjoyed. I can't wait to start another journey with all of you and I really hope you enjoy the book as it goes on :). Let me know what you think about anything, the title, etc.

WordCount: 3108