Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

At this question, my eyes widen.

She casually walks over to the end of my bed. Unaffected in the slightest by her very awkward question and gently sits down. Elegantly ever so, and crosses her ankles out in front of her. I'm standing before her but just supporting my body up against the drawer right in front of my bed. Mom stares at me, her lips curled up at the ends. I guess she could sense my uneasiness with the question.

Why was I uncomfortable anyways? It wasn't like I had sex with Adrianna anyways. We aren't even in a relationship for goodness sake's!

"Mom! Adrianna and I aren't dating!" I reply. We were just enjoying each others company? I guess. Her body relaxes a bit at my words but she still remains seated in her condescending position. Mom's always boss around here.

"That doesn't mean you can't have sex --- Adrianna is wonderful, and I love her like she is my own daughter. You need to respect anything and everything she asks of you." My mom says, gravely. I nod my head to show her I understand everything because what she says is true. "Be a gentlemen."

I deeply sigh; no guy cannot not be a gentlemen when it comes to Adrianna. She's to perfect to screw over with. I'm not sure if she's ever dated boys in the past but I can't worry about all of that. Adrianna is perfection. To precious to be tainted with and destroyed; like fine china.

"I know you're a ladies man Colton," My Mom states. Causing my ears to bolt up like lightening. How in the world does she know anything like that? "Your father was something like you in high school, but then he found me and settled down. I love your father very much." It's reassuring to hear that after all these years their love for each other could still burn on.

"I know, mom." I smile weakly at her. Maybe if the cards worked in our favor then Adrianna and I could be just like our parents. Dating since high school and still in love till this day. Just maybe....

"Adrianna just has something a bunch of girls don't, and you rarely find that now a days." An even bigger smile spreads across my face. The one thing my mom never did was lie. Even with a poker face as serious as hers, lying just wasn't something she did. "Your father loves her too."

So I'm assuming this is their way of giving me their blessing to pursue Adrianna? It was already decided for me with or without their blessing anyways. Somewhere inside of me it felt right to have their approval of any girl for once regardless.

Adrianna was the first girl that I actually took an interest into bringing around the house. Not just because she was my neighbor and our parents were best friends either. I genuinely and truly liked her.

"I'm glad that I have you two's consent." I snicker out. Mom opens her mouth to speak again but I beat her to it. "I really have to shower."

That was her cue. Her final monologue.

"Colton, I know you aren't smart when it comes to the ladies, but I'm happy that this one girl is changing everything for you. That thinking process about women. You're happier now and everybody can see it. Adrianna is a healthy thing for you."

Yeah. She likes my own personal joint that I just want to continuously smoke. Praying that the flame inside never dies out. The high for her is too addicting to quit.

"She's pretty great, yeah?" My mother allows me to inhale a hefty wave of air, then after the few seconds of silence, I continue on with what I was thinking about saying. "I don't even know, really... It's just when I-I'm around her --- I like her."

My mom's eyes smile at me, piercing into my own. Liking what she just heard come out of my mouth.

"You're a fine man, Duke." My mom compliments me by referring to my middle name. I remember when I used to always make her call me that when I was younger. Not anymore though. "I'm proud of you, and so is your father. We're both proud of you and we hope that you and Adrianna get it all together."