Chapter 5: The Decision Made!

Start from the beginning

However, Lucy had thought up a solution that could possibly help with the problem.

Lucy thought she was just experiencing after-nightmares, considering the entire event had been traumatizing.  So many things had happened in such a short time...Lucy had been so fearful because of it.  Fear along with a rainbow of emotions had gone through Lucy's heart all the time, rapidly moving like the speed of light.  So, Lucy felt that maybe the only way to relieve her nightmares and illusions was to head to the place it all occured.

The place of the Ceremonial Temple; the place Lucy had confronted Virel for the last time.

Lucy felt as if this was the only way to make sure her fears hadn't been realized; that Virel wasn't back and she was just seeing things.  As if everything she had been experiencing hadn't been for a reason.  Although, Lucy was having that gut feeling, which was never a good sign.  However, she ignored it, sure that this was what she would do in order to be rid of the nightmares.

In fact, she was heading to the guild for that very reason.  Lucy felt as if she needed to go alone, and was sure that the only way to fix this was to re-experience everything.  It would be hard getting her friends not to go, but Lucy really didn't have choice; for once, Lucy needed to figure things out alone.

Lucy stopped in front of the guild building, staring up at its magnificence.  The looming shadow of the building extended far out past her, and Lucy felt warmth bloom in her chest for her beloved guild.

Hopefully Master will understand...  Lucy thought, reaching for the door handle.  I have to..figure this out, first and foremost.

Opening the doors, Lucy was blasted with the familiar exploding noises of the guild's behavior.  Lucy smiled slightly, amused that a fight had already broken out in the guild so early in the afternoon.  It made her feel slightly better, actually.  It made her feel that even though she had been having weird things happen to her, Lucy knew that Fairy Tail was still normal, and nothing would ever change.  As she pulled shut the door behind her, Lucy gripped her bag over her shoulder and waved at her comrades, spotting Makarov conversing seriously with Mira.

Deciding that this was her chance, Lucy dodged her friends as one flew into the wall opposite her, and one landed in place she had just been standing at.  With ease, Lucy came to a slow stop in front of Makarov, and caught a slight bit of their conversation.

"...it's ridiculous."  Makarov was saying gruffly.  "..Cutting the amount of missions we can get is just blasphemy."

However, he stopped when he spotted Lucy, and Mira looked up with him.

Mira put on the familiar glowing smile Lucy knew so well.  "Lucy!  Good afternoon, where have you been this morning?"

"Just out."  Lucy replied, smiling slightly.

"Your eyes say a different story."  Makarov replied, calm as Lucy looked at him in surprise.

"Eh?"  Lucy asked, shocked.  "They...do?"

Master nodded, turning to her.  "I think you have something to ask of me, is that right?"

Wow, I can't get anything past this guy...  Lucy thought, sweat-dropping.

"Y-Yes..."  Lucy replied, shaking her head after a minute to become focused again.  "I need to ask for permission."

"Permission for what, exactly?"

Lucy's expression turned determined and hard as she clutched her bag strap in her hand tightly.  "I have something I need to take care of.  It's personal; I might be gone for a few days.  Will you allow me to take care of this, Master?"