Chapter 3: Big red paper clip!

I couldn't sleep at all last night. My mind was full of questions, swarming my head like bees. Buzzing and leaving me without sleep.
"I'm so tired," I moaned to Fia as we walked through the gates.
"I don't care. Anyway do you really think that the stairway is in the library?" She asked, tilting her head at me like a confused puppy.
"Well it makes sense. What day is it?" I asked.
"Thursday, why?"
"Frans on library duty today, with Sophie. If we can distract Sophie, we can look around for an entrance," I explained slowly.

"Oh yeah. But who's gonna distract her?" She asked.
"Charlotte, she's the best at distraction."
"Ok. We need to hurry or we'll be late."
"K lets go," I said as we ran to the line.

**************************************

I walked in the library to see everyone in place. I really hope this worked, I prayed silently, crossing my fingers. Here it goes, I thought as Sophie walked in.

"Sophie, hi!" Charlotte said, cheerfully, "Have you got a paper clip?"
"Paperclip?" Sophie asked, obviously confused.
"Yeah, a paper clip. I need one for my Vikings project but can't find any," Charlotte explained with her serious face on while Fran and Fia were having to look away to stop from laughing.

"Yeah sure. Here you go," Sophie said, getting a paper clip out her pocket and giving it to Charlotte.
Fordie took the paper clip, looked at it and while waving it around with hand motions, very dramatic hand motions answered, "No this won't work. I need a big paper clip. A big red paper clip. Do you think the office might have any?"
"Maybe, we could go up now if you want? If you three don't mind looking after the library for a bit?" Sophie said. We all nodded in agreement and Sophie and Charlotte walked away, Charlotte looking over her shoulder and giving us thumbs up before disappearing round the corner.

"Now if you were a weird person who decided to build a room hidden from everyone which can be gotten to by a vent that drops creepy dolls, where would you put the stairway to it?" Fia asked, looking round.
"I have no idea..."

___________________________________

Ok, that's the next chapter. So they've got the library but how do they find the staircase?? You'll just have to wait and read. Comment, like, share and all that good stuff. Btw all the chapters will be about this long so... Anyway thx for reading! Phoebe xxx