Chapter 2: What idiot built it??

It was a few days after we found the doll which I had took home and all of us really wanted to get into the attic.

"It can't be that hard.. Right?" Charlotte said looking round. We were stood at the place where we first found the doll. The rusty old vent grate.
"Not at all, we just have to find a stairway they may or may not exist and use it to get to a room that shouldn't exist. Nothing hard about that," I said grinning at Charlotte.

"She's right you know, there might not even be a stairway," Fia said sadly, looking at Ford and Fran.
"Wait did u just say I'm right," I asked rhetorically, looking fake shocked.
"I just think it's dumb, what type of idiot would build a room with no staircase? It's just... stupid..." Fran said.

"Anyway, we should go, we have our next lesson soon," Charlotte said, straightening up from her slouched position against the wall.
"Yeah, let's go," I said as we walked of, looking behind me at the vent before going outside in time for our next lesson.

**************************************

As I sat in my room that night, looking at my windowsill where the doll sat, I just thought about where the staircase could be?? So many questions flooded my head. Do the teachers know about the room?? Are they hiding the staircase?? Is there a staircase?? Where in the school would u put a staircase??

That's when it hit me. The least popular place in the school would be the most obvious place to put a staircase to a hidden room. The library! I wouldn't think to look there. It made sense as well. There was a vent in the there and it always made these weird noises. We always joked that there was an elephant in there but there being a room up there made much more sense.

I couldn't wait to tell the girls. But this theory just filled my head with even more questions. Like, who built the room and why has it been kept a secret for so long??

___________________________________

Ok that was a really short chapter but I kinda thought I should update it sooo there u go??

Know this chapter was kinda crappy but I'm tired so don't judge to harshly. Love u all, night! Phoebe xxx