Sixty-Nine || Grow Up

Start from the beginning

Liam held eye contact with Jacy, knowing she was being sincere. He glanced over to his left, able see Mason with an upset and annoyed expression.

However, in the mirror to his right, the towering image of a berserker glared.

"They're not there," Jacy whispered.

Liam's eyes widened, unsure of how Jacy knew what he was seeing. "How-"

"I've seen PTSD, Dunbar. I know the look." Jacy put a hand on his shoulder, able to sense his skyrocketed body temp. "I promise you that you're safe. The others and I will always do everything we can to protect you, even if you don't want to stay with us."

And instead of declaring independence, Liam hugged her.

||

"I haven't seen her anywhere," Jacy said as she and Stiles walked into his room. She looked over her shoulder to him, setting her book bag on the bed. "It's like Allison just vanished. Even Boyd and Erica haven't heard anything."

"Last time that happened was new years," added Stiles as he set his stuff on my desk. He glanced out the window, dusk already setting over California.

"And we remember how that ended," Jacy replied with a sigh. "I just hope she's okay."

"This is Allison we're talking about, Jace," Stiles said while lowering himself into his chair. "I bet she's fine."

"What defines 'fine' for a ghost?" Jacy questioned rhetorically as she laid out on Stiles' bed.

Stiles flicked on the lamp, setting out his AP econ notebook and textbook. "Maybe she's with Chris," he offered. "She watches him a lot, especially since he's back in Beacon."

Jacy let go of a soft sigh, "You're probably right." She ran a hand through her hair, starting on her history homework while laying on her stomach.

The room fell into soft silence, comfortable enough for both of them to work.

After everything, they should at least graduate.

Half an hour in, Sheriff Stilinski knocked on the open door frame. Out of uniform and smiling, it was clear he was in a good mood. "Drop what you're doing," he announced as he walked in. "I'm taking you both out to dinner. Whatever you want."

Stiles glanced to Jacy and then up to Stilinski. "Dad, I don't think a man of your debts should be treating anyone to anything."

"Well," the sheriff began, "there's one debt we no longer have to worry about." He held up a letter, offering it out too his son.

"What is that?" Stiles asked as he took the folded paper.

"Letter of apology from Eichen House," replied Stilinski. "Apparently, they've decided to forgive our debt due to, uh...well, you and Lydia almost getting murdered."

"They can do that?" Jacy asked with a smile of excitement.

"They can do it," answered Stilinski happily, "and they did it."

Reading the letter, Stiles lifted up a hand, "I have never been so happy to have almost been murdered."

"Well," Sheriff said, "we're not out of it yet, but...we're going to be okay. And at least for the moment, I can afford to take my son and his girlfriend out to dinner."

Grinning, Stiles shut his things and stood up from his desk chair.

"Jacy," Stilinski turned to the teen on the bed, "what's your favorite food?