Chapter 32: Behind the Darkness

Mulai dari awal

~Time Skip~

It had been just a week since Acnologia left but I feel like if had passed more days than they actually were. Today, as always, I was sitting in the middle of the altar waiting to hear the wishes of the people but for some reason no one came to the temple today. What happened?

I let out a sigh trying to avoid the boredom.

"Are you really planning to stay in this dream forever?" I heard a voice behind me causing me to turn around a little scared. My eyes met a demon with long pink hair. "Are you planning to let Astaroth's death be in vain?"

"Astaroth?..." I murmured slowly while I started to remember the demon I met in Nirvana. "Who... Who are you?..." I asked confused. 

"That does not matter now, you have to wake up and protect your friends of the Dragons who came from eclipse" the demon said as he approached me. He brought in his hands a strange silver key that gave off an aura of wind in it.

"Protect... my friends?..." I murmured confused as the same time my eyes lost theirs shine like if my soul was about to be trapped in this place forever. "I don't know what are you talking about... I belong here... I promised that I will wait until him return..."

"IF YOU PROMISED THAT, THEN WHY ALL OF THIS IS HAPPENING?" he yelled angered and strongly grabbing the key in his hands. "YOU PROMISE THAT YOU'LL WAIT FOR HIM BUT YOU BROKE YOUR PROMISE, YOU LEAVE THIS CITY BEFORE HE RETURN AND THIS IS THE RESULT OF THAT" he turned his sight away trying to calm himself. He already knew that he need patience talking with me because in this dream, my soul is slowly eaten.

His voice make me come out from my negative thoughts as I stared at him. He mentioned Astaroth early, but what relationship he have with him?

"Wait ... you know?" I asked changing my attitude when I remembered that words. The promise you made was really with Acnologia? I've been trying to find and kill the same person I swore to live no matter what? "What happened after that? I feel like if I've already seen this and if I continue I got the feeling that something bad will happen again ..."

"Are you finally awoken from that?" the demon said coolly as he extended his hand with the key to me. "If you want to know, use this," showing me the key to platinum in his hand, he approached towards me to give me that key.

"What... what is this?" I look at the key in my hands. A platinium key.

"An infernal key... Contrary of the keys used to summon celestial spirits, this key is used to summon demons"

"And how can I used this?"

"This dream spell has a wind based magic so to dispel it, you need another wind magic user..."

"If is to dispel, I can easily negate it with my magic..." I commented trying to return him the key but he don't want to hold it again.

"In this timeline, you still have not learned other types of magic ... and the only magic that you know is the one Acnologia has shown you several times ..." he let out a little sigh while pointing the key in my hands "in that key are some answers to your past and present, just use it ..."

"But how can I know the spell to summon him?" you claimed as you remember how Lucy summon her spirits. If these keys were the same, then you have to know how to invoke them, right?

"Just listen to your heart and you'll find the way ..." those were the only words to me before he shut up completely. What kind of help is that? What's wrong with this demon?

I closed my eyes as I grabbed the key up to my chest. I do not think I'll find a way to summon something doing this, but I can not lose anything by trying, right?