Chapter 6

Artemis's POV

"Ahahahah!!!"

We were falling down with incredible speed. If that idiot didn't pull me in, I wouldn't have been in this situation now.

"Hey hold on!" Percy screamed.

"Hold on!?" I yelled. "There's nothing for us to hold on."

"Can't you use teleportation!?" He screamed. "get us out of here!"

"If I could I would've done it by now!" I yelled back. "No need for an idiot like you to remind me!"

I closed my eyes and waited for what I was about to face. There could be anything down there. Sharp spears pointing up at the bottom for us to fall in so that they could piercing through us, or some kind of monsters down there. Who knows what would happen.

Just then, Percy jumped to me and embraced me, pulling me so close to him that I could feel his warmth and breath.

"H-hey..." I stuttered, my cheek was burning red. I'd never been this close to a man before. Not to mention he's hugging me now.

He didn't answer instead. He just flipped his body on mid air so that now his back was facing the pit below. He wanted to be a shield. Oh gods, the impact could tear him apart.

"Stop this nonsense!" I yelled. "You're gonna crash to death!"

"I'm a god!" He said. "I can't die!"

And before I could say anything more. We already hit the ground and we both fell into unconsciousness.

A moment later

"Urggg" I groaned, trying to sit up from my position but I fell something was wrapping around my back, holding me down.

That was when everything slowly came back to me. I looked down, despite the fact it was pitched black down here. I could still see the person was laying below me.

"P-Perseus?" I shook him gently. "Hey don't joke with me you idiot. Hey!"

Yet there was no response from him. That was when I started to get panic. This was considered my fault in the first place if someone found out about this. If he's dead, I would be taking on the whole responsibility. I didn't care much about the punishment Zeus would put for me. I just didn't know what to say to Hestia. She had taken interest in him after all, she would be so angry or disappointed if she knew.

I looked down at him again, trying to search through the dark to see if he had any injury on his face. I just leaned closer and closer until I realised I was too close to him.

I didn't complain that his arms was around my waist and I was laying on top of him. I was nervous now that our faces were so close. The tip of my nose nearly touched his. My eyes just stick to his closed eyes, the curl of his eyelashes fascinated me so much that I didn't dare to move a muscle.

Then all of a sudden, curiosity came flooding in. I have never been this close to a male. And now when I was so close to one, I didn't know what to do.

You like him.

Urg just shut up already.

That bloody voice had been persisting me for awhile now. If it wasn't because of that voice, I'm wouldn't have said something stupid and be in this situation now. Despite the fact I was pretty irritated, the thought of being this close to Perseus somehow was drawing me closer to him. Damn you curiosity and your female intuition

I tried to resist the urge to touch his lips with mine. I meant he was already dead. That would be so gross to kiss a dead person. But now my lips and his were only a few millimetres apart. My curiosity wanted to move, but parts of my brain were yelling me to stop.