Chapter 8

Artemis POV

'Aphrodite, for the tenth time,' I groaned in frustration. 'I wasn't making out with Perseus!'

After that bold decision I had made, Aphrodite indeed had detected the presence of "love" and she came to our rescue.

I breathed in again the air of freedom and enjoyed the morning light dancing and coiling on my skin the moment I got out of that pit. But that moment of bliss didn't last for long because of the two annoying persons behind me.

Chaos boils me.

My mind suddenly recounted the moment of impulsiveness in that pit. The skin on my neck still mingled with the touches of his lips and the skin of my waist was still warm from the touch of his hand. Heat raising up my cheeks while I attempted to subside that foolish and sickening desire. And what worse? Well that moment took the whole of me and I let myself ensnared into it. So when Aphrodite and Apollo came into our pit, Perseus lips were still on me and I was still moaning at his touch.

Yes, Aphrodite and Apollo had seen the entire thing. Even worse, that idiotic brother whistled at the sight and thus stopped us from doing something even worse.

I glared at the two most annoying people (which were now zoning out of Olympus) on the entire Universe.

"Earth calls to Aphrodite and Apollo" I knocked on their heads and rolled my eyes. "Can you guys snap out of it already? It wasn't like what it looks like"

The moment their souls returned to their bodies, Aphrodite was the first to make noise. She squealed so loud I could've heard it echoing many times in my ears.
"Finally after a two thousand years!!!!" She danced around me like a kid. "Artemis has found a lover! Artemis has found a lover"

"Shut the hell up Aphrodite!" I hissed as my hand reached for the dagger on my belt. Mercifully, Aphrodite stopped and walked closer to me. She suddenly slapped me on the arm. It was playful though

"Damn you Artemis" she pouted. "You could've told me you had a thing or two with him you know. So that I didn't have to get my hopes up for him. But to be honest, you are something else do you? Having him wrapped around your fingers in just after a day!? That is a pro's work Artemis, not for some immature."

"Can you not making up absurd speculations?" I snarled at her and yanked off the hand she had on my shoulder. "I was desperate to get out. It was just a method to have you tracking us down. If your tracking skills weren't that pathetic, there wouldn't be any of that-uh...'scene' for you to see"

"Is that all?" Her sultry tone irritated me as she gave me that sensuous and mischievous smile.

"I wonder how is Perseus thinking about it." She jerked her eyes at his direction. "The poor guy is suffering with the pain in his pants you know?"

I blushed at the thought. Damn you and your dark words Aphrodite. I willed wind and air to brush through me, sweeping away the disgusting thoughts.

I clenched my fists and stared at her.

"It's your speculation and can we stop discussing about this? It's already bad enough for my reputation to be ruined, much worse that Perseus has to be involved. The least thing I want is people on Olympus start to whisper about me and him."

"Fine fine, but this is not over ok" Aphrodite gave up when she saw the look on my face. At the point, my eyes already wet from the tears and I tried hard not to let them fall.

It was already so embarrassing and dreadful enough after having Aphrodite and Apollo to discover what I did. The thoughts of having everyone to know about it nearly had me wanting to bury myself alive. Much worse would be my own Hunters finding out and start to think their own mistress make out with a male and break her oath. The core principle of the hunt. I would just kill myself that happen.