Part 6

Completely change the course of my life. If only the rose was not wilted I would have proposed Veronica with it. Ooouch one of the thorns of the rose pricked me. I realized we had reached my working place. I got down waved bye to Natalie and Veronica and left. I had forgotten the rose in Veronica's car. I hoped she threw it away. Time flies while working. I had realized it was now time to end today's work. I was so busy today I had got no time to check my phone. Natalie called me when I was about to board the bus. She asked me to wait as Veronica would drop me. They arrived In about 5 minutes. Veronica had not thrown the rose. Maybe she didn't even notice I had left it behind. Natalie and I got down at the bus stop and walked to our respective apartments. No one was there at my apartment. As soon as my phone got connected to the WiFi there was a long line of messages. I opened Whatsapp to check the messages. Veronica had replied!!! In no time all my fatigue flew away. We started talking again. When Veronica asked me " Can I ask you something?" I replied "yes". My heartbeat was now running faster than a bullet train. She asked me " Do you still love me?" I was shocked. I did not know if I was supposed to get happy or shocked. Both maybe. I decided to be honest. With trembling fingers I barely typed yes not knowing what destiny would bring me. My phone vibrated. I was now afraid of check the message. I took me around 30 seconds to gather courage and open the message. It read..