"Too late!" Cassadee called back, "It's good to have you back, Uley!"

"Go home, Swan." Sam turned to face Cassadee as he walked backwards. "I'll keep Victoria away from your house."

"Let her come," Cassadee shrugged before turning and skipping away. "She's gonna see the wrath that is Badass Cass soon enough."

[x][x][x]

"Well, this is awkward." Cassadee spoke as she stood between Jasper and Sam staring each other down. "Sam, I thought you called us over here for more important things than gazing into my ex-boyfriend's eyes."

"I called you here for the council meeting." Sam clarified, looking down at Cassadee. "Billy said he has information for you." The werewolf looked back to the blond. "I never said anything about bringing the pale face. You do realize you're breaking the treaty right now, right?"

"Cass told me to come so I did." Jasper glared back at Sam. "I don't care about the treaty when it has to do with Cassadee."

"Wow, the testosterone is real right now." Cassadee said as she looked between the two guys. "I brought Jasper so you two could make amends."

Sam sighed, "Cassie—"

"Don't try to fight me on this." Cassadee cut the alpha off as she held up a hand. "I don't want to deal with all this tension whenever I'm with you guys."

"Fine," Sam huffed as he crossed his arms over his chest before looking back at Jasper. "If you ever break the treaty or hurt Cassie again I'll make sure to kill you."

"Noted." Jasper responded curtly.

"I can just feel the friendship forming right now." The brunette said sarcastically as she pushed Jasper away from Sam. "I'll see you later, now leave before one of us kills someone."

"Be careful." Jasper told Cassadee, kissing her head before disappearing.

"A little warning would've been nice." Sam said in annoyance as he turned and walked toward the bonfire. "Come on, Billy is gonna start soon."

Cassadee rolled her eyes at the werewolf's attitude before following him to the bonfire and council sitting around it. She took a seat next to her sister on the log, knowing that was the best option since Sam was the only werewolf that wasn't completely pissed off at her.

"The Quileute's have been a small tribe from the beginning." Billy started from the head of the group in his wheelchair. "But we have always had magic in our blood. We were Great Spirit warriors, shapeshifters who could transform into a powerful wolf. This enabled us to scare off our enemies and protect our tribe."

"It looked like a man, but it was hard like stone and cold as ice." The elder Black continued, looking at Cassadee and Bella. "Our warriors' sharp teeth finally tore it apart, but only fire could completely destroy it." Billy took his attention away from the Swan's and looked around the group. "They lived in fear that the cold man was not alone. They were right. She took her vengeance out on the village. Our elder chief, Taha Aki, was the only spirit warrior left to save the tribe after his son was killed. Taha Aki's third wife could see he would lose."

"The Third Wife was no magical being, with no power but one. Courage." Billy said as he continued to look around. "The Third Wife's sacrifice distracted the cold woman long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. She saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains, the cold ones." Billy looked back at the twins before finishing. "Our magic awakens only when they come near. And we can sense it now, feel the threat in our blood. Something terrible is coming, and we must be ready. All of us."

"Um," Cassadee awkwardly raised her hand. "What does this have to do with me?"

"No one knows how an Equalizer came about and I doubt anyone ever will." Billy forewarned the brunette. "But I do know that you possess the strength of a vampire and werewolf so that you can eliminate any threat with ease as well as settling disputes between creatures. You essentially have every supernatural creatures DNA, or what used to be, in you. That is why keeping you alive is extremely important."

"It's a good thing I'm indestructible then." Cassadee retorted with a tight lipped smile.

"Are you okay, Cass?" Bella asked her sister, concern laced in her voice and expression.

"I'm fine, I'm basically living for everyone else's benefit. No pressure." She snapped before getting up and stepping over the log. "I really wish I could get drunk right now."

The brunette walked into the forest, taking a deep and unneeded breath as she took her time making her way back to Forks. She was tired, not physically but mentally. She felt like information was always being thrown at her, most of it being about Equalizers and intuitives. She just wanted a day where she could forgot about what she was and just be human again. Cassadee liked being strong and being able to handle herself but she hated how everyone emphasized how important her life was for their own.

Cassadee wanted to live for herself and no one else.

"Why did I have to be this rare creature? Why couldn't I be a damn fairy or something?" Cassadee grumbled to herself as she trudged through the dirt and mud.

"Cass," Jasper appeared in front of the Equalizer, his hands in his jacket pockets. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Cassadee brushed the blond off as she resisted the urge to hug him, something she really needed at the moment. "I told you I would meet you at the house."

"I could feel your anger from there." Jasper said as he watched his ex-girlfriend closely. "I know you want to let it out."

"I'm too mentally exhausted to be angry right now." Cassadee said before going to Jasper and wrapping her arms around his waist. "Can you please just hold me?"

"Always." Jasper replied as he wrapped his arms tightly around Cassadee's shoulders as she buried her face in his chest. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just so much pressure. I don't want to be any of this. I wish the only thing on my mind was graduation." Cassadee said, her voice muffled by Jasper's jacket. "I just want to sleep."

"I'm sorry, baby." The blond apologized, knowing it was his fault that Cassadee had to deal with any of this. "I know it's a lot but I'm going to help in any way that I can."

Cassadee pulled away slightly and looked up at Jasper, the exhaustion was clear in her face and tone. "Do you want to be an Equalizer?"

Jasper chuckled at the question as he reached up and caressed her soft cheek. "Believe me, if I could then I would."

"It was worth a shot." Cassadee sighed as she dropped her head on Jasper's shoulder. "I love you, Jazz, but I really wish I didn't know about the supernatural right now."

"In my defense, I tried to keep you in the dark. It's not my fault you're accident prone." Jasper joked, attempting to lighten the brunette's mood without altering it.

Cassadee let out a short laugh. "Asshole."

Jasper smiled at the sound of Cassadee's laugh. "I love you, too, Cass."

*****

not edited

tbh i'm just trynna get through these next few chapters so things can really start to pick up

dedicated to my bae ash for making the gif of my loves!