Chapter 11

Chapter 11 

I was dancing by Malcolm when I was first offered a drink, it was pina colada and I assumed it was non-alcoholic. I was proven wrong when the alcohol burned in my throat, I threw it in the garbage before I was even halfway through. I saw Malcolm was about to take a drink from the red drink the waiter had given to him.. I ran forwards and kicked it out of his hand, it flew in the air and I caught it seconds before it could spill and put it back on a waiters tray. 

"Sorry, I wasn't going to let my little brother start drinking at such a young age." He nodded. I spotted Laura on the far side of the dance floor and waved her over. She started to make her way through the crowd but hit several rough patches along the way, I laughed at her sad struggle. She was dressed just like any other partier but I could see the way that her outfit would be easy to fight in if it came to that. 

"Nice outfit," she told me when she finally made it through. I smiled at her, I'd taken the hoodie off when I'd come in.  

"Hey, can you watch the guys here? I want to have a bit of fun with her," Malcolm asked. Before she could ask a question I stopped her. She had a puzzled look on her face that I decided to change. She might as well know. 

"He's my brother, that's why I was panicking at the concert," I explained. She nodded in understanding. She knew that I took care of people like my brother, I didn't have very many people like him anyways. 

"No problem, I'll get Rylee and Walter to help me. Enjoy your fun night in Paris. Make sure your communicator is in." 

"It always is," I told her before Malcolm led me out the back entrance towards to Eifel tower and I smiled to myself. I've always loved this building more then anything else in Paris, it was just way too beautiful to like it any less than love. When we go to the base though it was closed, that's never been a problem to me. Ever. 

"Well that sucks," Malcolm said sounding bummed out. I grinned at him and looked around when I saw it, a fake patch of grass on the ground. Not very easily spotted by the untrained eye. I'd put it there the last time I was here in case I or any other spies any needed gadgets at short time notice. I pulled it off to reveal a bunch of gadgets, I pulled out two large grappling hooks. 

"I assume you know how to use this?" I asked him, he had a grin all over his face. He nodded and took one of the hooks, I gave him nothing less than a large smile. I placed the grass back carefully so no one would even have a chance to notice the difference. I moved to the side of the tower with Malcolm, we were both holding our grappling hooks tightly. "Aim for midway then we can take the stairs the rest of the way." 

We both shot perfect shots and the guns started to bring us up. Awesome, I thought to myself. I loved gadgets, they always helped me when I needed them more then anything. 

We were up in no time, we unhooked the guns from the railing and held them in our hands when we started to climb the endless amount of stairs. The metal stairs have always hurt my feet but this was becoming unbearable, me feet felt dead. By the time we were there my feet were throbbing in pain. I wouldn't have been surprised if they were blistered and bleeding. 

I pulled out my phone to see it was midnight. I looked out into the city and snapped as many pictures as I could of the beautiful scene, I didn't want to miss a single moment of this beauty. I got Malcolm and I in the photos too so we could remember all of this when we had to leave this beautiful tower. The next thing I knew Malcolm was giving me a cheeky grin, I knew he had something devious planned now. The look ran in the family. 

"Happy birthday sis," he said to me. It hit me then, it was my birthday now. I was 18 now. I pulled into a hug to say thanks but nothing came out. I never usually had something this amazing happen to me, no one was ever around long enough to do it. "I have a present for you in the morning." 

"You didn't have," I told him, "This is more than enough." I looked out into the city and enjoyed the sight for the next half an hour, I could never have enough of this beautiful sight. I loved Paris. 

After I had enough pictures though, so many that I'd moved onto my second memory card, we started on our way down again. The walk down was much easier then the way up, my feet didn't hurt nearly as much. That may have been because they were numb though. We took the spare rope off the grappling hook and repelled down to the bottom though.  

When we got into the club I saw they guys sitting on some of the couches off to the side taking a break. After a minute of thinking about it Malcolm and I walked over to them, I shot them an ear to ear smile that I knew wasn't going away any time soon. 

"What's put you in such a good mood?" Harry asked me. I couldn't even stop smiling long enough to answer to simple question. It was that good of a present to me. 

"Let's just say I got her an awesome present," Malcolm said simply. I grinned at him and dragged him out on to the dance floor, when I was offered a drink though I took it. I chugged it down as fast as I could, ignoring the burning sensation in my throat. I was getting drunk tonight whether anyone liked it or not, I never got any sort of chance to party for any of my birthdays like this. I was going to take a chance tonight and let myself go for once. 

I carelessly took drink after drink until Malcolm cut me off. I pouted at him but he gave me a stern look, I knew I wasn't getting any more drinks with him around. Darn brother. 

"I don't want my sister to have alcohol poisoning on her birthday," I smiled at him and laughed at an unsaid joke. I dragged him farther onto the dance floor and started to dance like a maniac, I'd never felt anything like that before.  

It was amazing, not a care in the world. 

At one point in the night I knew it wasn't Malcolm that I was dancing with, at one point it was Walter and at another it was Niall. I probably danced with all the guys but I was way too wasted to notice. All I could focus on was dancing and having a good time, for once I just wanted nothing more then to enjoy myself. Forget about my responsibilities, forget about my parents, forget about everything and just have fun. 

I just needed a break, and a good one at that.  

I danced for what I though to be the entire night.