Chapter 24

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be."
-Marcel Pagnolaniel

Daniel PoV

Its been 4 years since I was imprisoned in jail. I call that place a devil's lair. Angst prisoners everywhere darting me like a bait. They cost a lot of trouble and I am a victim of those. They beat newcomers like me, make us their dogs and the worst part is molesters. One of them tried to molest me and what did I do? It's no more good guy for him.

(Short Flashback)

The sky is already dark but here I am digging up this stupid ground. It gave me a headache. They left me outside as a punishment for not respecting their leader. Respect my ass.

My cheeks sore from pain. I had it when they punched me for no apparent reason. I want a revenge. Good for them Im trying my best to change.

"Hey there little guy." I felt a weight banged my shoulder. I tilt my head and saw a rusty old guy caressing my shoulder.

"What do you want?" I told him bluntly. I moved backwards trying to protect myself.

"Come on, little fella." He smirked showing his golden teeth. You dirty old hag.

"You're disgusting." I furrowed my eyebrows and tighten my grip.

"It's for your benefit kid. Aren't you exhausted on being a punch bag in this jail?"

"Get out of my way before I could punch you."

"If that's what you want." He grabbed a knife out of his back then ran towards me.

He dug his knife in my left arm, causing me to groaned in pain. Blood started running down my body.

"Told you." He whispered right infront of my face.

This guy I want to kill him.

I punched his face really hard that made him fell off the ground. I immediately pulled the knife on my left arm and shove it on the old man's cheek. I heard him moan in pain. His screams are music into my ears. That's right, scream! Blood started streaming in his face.

"ARGGGH!" He screamed on top of his lungs. I shove his head with the shovel to make him stop.

"No one can here you." I said. " So stop!"

I could see him crying like a baby and coughing with his own blood.

"Serves your right."

(End of flashback)

He didn't died instead after a few weeks, he was found dead in his bed showering with his own blood.

One of their gang leader accused me for killing. I tried my best to tell them I did not. They didn't believed me, so we fought. I severly punched three prisoners that made them in a coma.

Instead of being a good guy I've become more aggressive because of those experiences.

Im not sorry for what I've done, actually Im thankful. They sent me in psychiatric institution. Everyone knows mental hospitals are terrifying prisons for insane people, a small room covered with padded walls, flickering lights, and evil nurses drugging patients.

But their are wrong, it's more pleasant here than jail. Mental ill people are more civilized than those in prison, well sorta.

Im not wearing a srtraight jacket instead a leathers. Im allowed to read books in minimum of three unlike in jail.