I'm Glad You're Home

Chapter 40

Simon's POV

       Demi and I walk through the door and now it finally feels like home again. Home is where the heart is. In my case, Demi is home. Without her here, it's truly not home. We head up to the bedroom and she sits on the bed. She jumps up and down on it, nearly sending me flying off the bed. She laughs. "I'm sorry Simon. I know this may be annoying, but it's my way of showing that I'm glad to be home." 

       I grab a hold of her hands and motion for her to sit. "Demi I just wanted to thank you personally for giving a second chance. I know it's going to take time for you to completely trust me again, which is understandable. I did a disgusting thing and along the way it caused you to fear me. I don't want you to ever be afraid of me. No woman should have to live in fear of a man. Like I said, if I come anything to how I was the wedding reception, you are leaving me. No if ands or buts about it. It's wonderful that you're home and I am going to make it up to you. I'm going to be a better man for you. I'm far from perfect, but I'm making progress."

      "I believe in you Simon. I have no doubt that you'll change for the better. I've always believed in you and this incident hasn't changed that. Now you've been running yourself ragged today. I want you to get some rest." I cup her face. "Are you sure? You might need something to eat or an errand to be ran." She waves my comment away. "Yes I have some errands to do, but I can do myself. I'll call you if I need anything." She kisses my forehead. "Sleep well and see you soon."She leaves and I drift off to sleep with the dorkiest smile on my face.

Hoped that you guys liked this chapter! :) -Mary