Chapter 2

Songs: New York Times by J Cole feat. 50 Cent & Bas; Lady in A Glass Dress by Chris Brown

Christopher

He waved his hand in front of her face, snapping, anything to get her attention. She seemed to be in a trance, her big, brown eyes staring back into his with a dazed, deer in headlights type look. He thought it was cute, though.

The blank look quickly disappeared and a dazzlingly bright polite smile took its place. Chris smiled back with a smile equally as big, but a little bit goofier.

"Chris."

She nodded.

"Aaliyah." The name rang through his ears like wedding bells.

So this beauty before him was named Aaliyah. The name fit her well: exalted, high standing, heavens. She carried herself like a queen, and she looked like an angel. She also looked somewhat exotic, with pretty almond shaped honey brown eyes and full pink lips. He wondered if the personality matched the appearance.

She turned her attention away from him, flagging down the waiter and ordered a strawberry margarita. Chris told him to bring a shot of Ciroc, too, to calm his nerves. Never had a girl made him feel like a heathen on judgment day. He reached across the table, dapping up his man Trey. He assumed the girl next to him was Raven, who Trey had been going on and on about. She and Aaliyah were both very beautiful in his opinion, though he appreciated Aaliyah's look more. She was a natural beauty.

He studied her to get a sense of her character.

She was very different from the girls in his past. He could tell straight off the bat that she wasn't the flirtatious type. She didn't bite her lip or bat her eyelashes; she was almost formal in the way she carried herself.

Aaliyah broke his stare by waving her hand in front of his face.

"Yeah? My bad...," he trailed off, unable to hide the fact that he hadn't heard a word she had said.

"I asked what you do."

"Oh," he sat up a little. "I'm an artist--a rapper."

He tried to ignore the blatant eye roll. Instead, he continued with, "What? You don't like rap?"

She crossed her arms, an amusing smirk sliding onto her face as she sat back in her seat.

"I do when it's good."

He crossed his too, challenging her. She was headstrong, a quality he too possessed. "Who said I'm not good?"

"Look," she held her hands up in surrender, "I'm not trying to knock your little hustle or anything. I'm just saying I've heard a lot of 'rappers' and only a few stand to my expectations. Just because you can string a few slant rhymes together doesn't mean you're a rapper, even if you do somehow make it onto the radio and get millions of people to listen to your little nursery rhyme. Real music has substance," she sat up, leaning in closer to Chris. "So what makes you any better than any of these niggas pushing Soundcloud links?"

Christopher pushed on. "I know every nigga out here believes he's the next B.I.G., and I know how hard it can be to make it in the art industry, but my ambition is backed up with raw talent and drive. If you're willing to put in the time and effort and give it up to God, he can make it happen." The stars in his eyes were shining.

"Mmm." She was still unconvinced. Chris vowed that he would break her down; to get her to stop hiding herself away in this glass case.

Without missing a beat, Chris launched into his freestyle:

Extraordinary Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें