24

"This is where I must leave you Maia." Dustin says giving me a hug "I wish I could escort you further but rogues aren't welcome on pack lands without permission."

"Thank you so much Dustin. And if this were my pack grounds I would give you the permission. But what I can do is give you my number in case you need a Luna to help." I say smiling widely and he finds a pen in his pocket.

I scribble my number on his hand then say goodbye, I walk into the grounds after watching Dustin disappear into the tree line.

The walk doesn't take that long until I finally find myself in the large open grounds outside the pack house. Many people are running around or chatting.

"Maia." A familiar feminine voice makes me turn around to be engulfed in a hug.

"Hey Rose." I laugh, suddenly she pulls back and growls at the jacket covering my chest and arms. Oh shit, it smells like rogue.

"What happened to you?" She says worriedly still eyeing the jacket "we get a mind link from William saying you left and will be with us shortly, you've been gone for a whole flipping hour! Austin is going out of his mind!"

"I mindlinked him saying I was lost." I shrug and sniff the air, Austin's strong scent was coming from the pack house. I walk towards it but Rose stops me.

"He is really angry Maia, be careful." She says then walks away to help some mothers of the pack set up the play ground for the little ones.

I head towards the pack house following the forest line, I sigh and rub my eyes feeling the tiredness starting to sweep me up.

A growl to my right has me freeze, I turn to look into the forests for see a pair of red glowing eyes staring straight at me.

It races towards me barring its teeth and snarling. I quickly shift into my wolf and jump to the side, avoiding his lunge. I glance at the ripped leather jacket on the floor, well then.

It turns towards me still letting out vicious snarls, it lunges once again and I dodge. I bite it's back leg trying to get it down but it turns on me instead.

It scraps its claws down my side and I howl in agony as blood drips from the fresh wound. People have started running towards me shifting to get this red eyed wolf.

I get in my hind legs and push down on the side of the distracted wolf, it falls on its side and I stand on top of it. I growl angrily at it before more men come and hold him down.

I step away and huff at the wolf. I trot towards the pack house where many people were hurry out to witness the scene.

I lay down feeling completely tired by now, I watch everyone come out keeping an eye out for my mate. Everyone suddenly starts running up to me and my wolf gets protective.

She snarls at them as they run towards us, they all instantly stop and bow. My wolf gives me back control but I still feel unsafe, I just got attacked and don't even know why.

This whole pack are strangers to me and considering I was just injured by a member of this pack my wolf and I aren't feeling safe.

A pain shoots through my side as I move, I hiss watching the blood slowly dripping from the wound. At least it's healing.