5

I jump as a voice speaks from behind me, I look back to see Austin standing by the hatch that I came through only 5 minutes before. I place my hand over my beating heart in a attempt to calm down.

"Austin." I breathe out in relief. Thank god it wasn't a murderer.

"It's 2am Maia, why are you up here? And alone?" He says with a lopsided smile and he hugs me tightly from behind.

"I had a bad dream. So I went to find the kitchen to get a drink but kinda got lost then I found the door which looked interesting." I explain hoping that I am not in any trouble. Instead of shouting he hugs me tighter and kisses my jaw softly.

I always have dreams that are strange. Its usually of a little girl and her brother running around in their backyard with a ball having so much fun until someone drags the 3 year old girl away leaving the boy crying with woman comforting him.

"What was the dream, if you don't mind me asking?" Austin says turning me to face him, he cups my cheek with one hand as I turn away from him.

"I-I'm not really sure. It was strange. There was a girl standing in the forest surrounded by men, she was tied up to a tree with a cloth in her mouth. She was being tortured by those monsters," I say feeling the tears streaming down my face at the memory of the nightmare "there was so much blood and shouting. So much evil."

I feel everything in my body weaken and I collapse but Austin keeps me up.

"Your okay now love, it was a dream." He holds me close as I sob, he rocks me back and forth gentely until I calm down.

I stand up alone and look at him as he surveys me, his arms stay on my waist. I place my hands on his chest and sigh, my legs buckle again but yet again Austin catches me bridal style.

He starts to walk somewhere but my brain is too tired to concentrate and my vision starts going black. I hear a familiar voice before I pass out.

***

I woke up sobbing. I saw it again, the dream I have every night of the little boy and girl. It's so strange but lately the dreams are longer and in much more detail.

Tonight I saw the boys face and the mothers face, but the little girl and father remain a mystery.

I turn slightly in bed but found something move in return behind me. I look around checking that I am in my room, okay yes I am panic over.

I turn completely around slowly and a smile lights up my face when I find Austin sleeping peacefully. His arm tightly around my waist while the other is under his head. His mouth is slightly parted and his eyes are closed.

I remember passing out in his arms then it's just darkness, oh shit he must of put me back to bed.

I wonder where his bedroom is...

I look down and blush deeply when I realise what I'm wearing. A short night dress with built in bra and the rest is see through but I do have panties on.

This is my favourite bed wear but I must admit on bad nights I love to wear hoodies and joggers. I was way too hot last night though.