9

"Thank god. I was starting to think you forgot about us." I trilled, opening the door to the black Range Rover so my three friends could slide in.

"We literally got off the phone less than 15 minutes ago." Keaton was talking to me from the the passenger's side window. 

"Has it only been 15 minutes?" I didn't seem to have very good control of my facial features because I let my mouth drop open involuntarily. 

"Someone's drunk." Wes snickered from behind the wheel.

"Not drunk; I'm buzzed. It's classy."

"Classy my ass, now get in the car." Keaton laughed.

"Aye aye captain!" I gave my brothers an over-dramatic salute. "Incoming!" I gave my friends less than a three-second warning before I jumped in the car: splaying my body across the back row.

"Ah! Your elbows are so bony!" Al wiggled his legs.

"And your knees aren't much better." Caroline laughed as my kneecaps dug into her legs.

"Hold on, I got this." I laughed, attempting to roll myself over so I wasn't causing anyone pain. "There we go." I was now looking up at the ceiling with my head cradled in Paul's lap.

"Hey." He smiled down at me and brushed a lock of my hair out of my face. But before I could say anything Wes rounded the corner and ran over a speed bump a little too quickly. In response, my forehead smacked into the plastic door handle.

"Owww." I groaned, as my body shook from Paul's laughter.

"My bad." I heard Wesley say from the driver's seat. And his reflection winced back at me in the rearview mirror.

"Yeah, your bad." I mumbled.

* * * * *

"So did you have a good night? I mean before your head made contact with the door?" Keaton was trying not to snicker.

"Yeah! I did." I slung my arm around his shoulder as Wes opened my front door. "How was your night? Will I be catching a recap of your red carpet walk on tv tomorrow?"

"Most likely." Wes grinned. For the first time tonight, I took a good look at their outfits. The two of them were dressed in elegant suit jackets with plain t-shirts on: Wesley's was white, and Keaton's navy blue. And they both had on some simple looking jeans that probably cost them at least $200 each. But hey, they could afford it.

"Seriously, guys have it so easy. You're wearing jeans, Wes. Jeans." I pointed out. "But your outfit will be trending tomorrow morning."

"Don't hate the players, hate the game." Wesley tossed me a playful little smirk. "You got any coffee in this place?" He looked around my apartment.

"Wes, it's after midnight." Who in their right mind would be drinking coffee at this hour?

"So?" He answered.

"I moved it. Spice cabinet, top shelf." I figured there was no stopping him- if he didn't want to get any sleep, that was his choice.

"Where are the other two Musketeers?" Wes asked, and I could only think that he was referring to Trevor and Kayla. 

"Kayla's catering a sweet 16 and should be back around 2, and only God knows what Trevor's up to." Neither of my friends were home.

"Kay got the party gig? Nice." Keaton nodded his head in approval. "Hey, brew me a cup too, will ya?"

"How are you guys drinking coffee right now?" I had to run my hands over my face in order to rub my eyes for a minute. I was beyond exhausted.

"It just so happens that two thirds of the people in this room came straight from Spin Records UK's yearly music party."