2

"Does this outfit make me look fat?" I turned to face my roommate who was literally the human equivalent of a stick.

"Shut up Kay, you look hot and you know it." I told her, and I meant it. She was donning a white t-shirt tucked into a light pink skater skirt with her hair pulled back in a loose fishtail braid. On anyone else, it would have looked childish- but Kayla made the outfit look sophisticated and grown up.

"I could say the same to you." She winked at me. "I love that jacket." Kayla took a small section of the leather in between her fingers as she spoke. I decided to give her a grin in response, and do a little twirl in my dress. I was rocking a long, beige t-shirt dress with a handful of wooden bracelets and a necklace that hung just above my bellybutton. I paired my outfit with a classic pair of black wedges, and a leather motorcycle jacket.

"So do I." I admitted. "I hope it gets chilly later on so I can actually wear it." My leather jacket and I had been through a lot together. I got it my senior year of high school, and it had been through my life at the highest points, and the lowest. The lowest probably being the part where Tanner Williams threw up all over me at the Halloween mixer my second year of college. And all these years later, it's still my favorite accessory.

"You guys almost ready?" Trevor emerged from his bedroom, adjusting the cufflink on his left sleeve.

"Yep. We're ready to go." Kayla looked over at me, waiting for a nod of approval. Which I gave.

"Okay, I just need another minute." Trev ran a hand through his hair and took a look in the full length mirror we had in the hallway. "Jacket, or no jacket?" He turned back to face Kayla and me in his striped button down and matching tie.

"No jacket. Now come on, let's go. We need to hit the road." Glancing at the clock, I knew that if Trevor went to change again we wouldn't get there on time.

"Don't worry about me, you guys are driving separately anyway." Trevor waved his hand like it was no big deal, but this was news to me.

"What do you mean?" Kayla asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"I'm bringing Julien." Trevor explained. I guess their date went better than he let on, then.

"Really?" I asked, taking this as quite a surprise. I mean the kid's been on one date with the guy... and it was yesterday.

"Yes really. I had a nice time with him and I think our relationship is off to a great start."

"This doesn't have anything to do with hearing that Brent Harper is going to be at Sarah's party now, does it?" I asked, seeing exactly what was going on here. Trevor was going to bring Julien to make his ex boyfriend jealous.

"Brent's going? That's funny... I had no idea." Trev mumbled, turning back to face the mirror so he didn't have to look at us directly.

"Yeah because if you knew, then you would have dressed up." Kayla laughed, glancing over our friend's carefully thought over outfit. Actually, now that she mentioned it, Trevor was looking a little better than usual.

"She's right! You're wearing your sexy tie!" I pointed at his neck where the navy culprit hung.

"What? This is just a tie, I don't know what you're talking about." He tried to play it cool, but I've known Trevor for about 20 years now. And in that time I also learned that he is a shit liar.

"Okay, fine. Bring Julien." Kayla threw her hands up in the air exasperatedly. "I'm just going to warn you: this isn't going to go well." The whole jealousy game never worked out for anyone.