No rest for the wicked. [Chance's POV]

2 Months. It's been two months since the accident and I haven't been the same. 

"Wake up, man!"  Josh whispered,  shaking me back and forth violently. 

Mumbling a 'whaa' , I lifted my head from the school's desk. 

"Bro. You fell asleep in class. What's wrong with you?" Josh furrowed his eyebrows together. 

2 months has changed a lot. Sure, I was still the hottest guy in our school, but everybody seemed to realize that I was in love with Emma. Guys no longer talked about banging chicks in front of me, or asked how if I 'got any' on the weekends, and girls no longer whore'd themselves around in front of me. It's almost as if people actually have respect for me and it feels great. 

Allison and Josh are dating, obviously. Josh finally stopped blaiming himself for what happened that night of the car accident. He has hope that things will get better, and I do too. 

"Just thinking." I replied, sighing. Running a shaky hand through my hair, I squeezed my eyes shut. 

"You really need some proper sleep, Chance." 

Josh's eye's held worry, as I assumed he noticed my shaky hands. He looked like he actually meant what he said. Josh has always been a caring guy for his friends though. He never let anything bad happen to them, no matter how obnoxious and self-centered he may be some times.

"I did sleep. In class. Until you woke me up." I reminded him, grinning a sloppy side smirk. 

"Ha-Ha. So funny." He rolled his eyes. 

Glancing over his shoulder, Mr. Washmuth, our math teacher, was sitting there talking to himself. I'm pretty sure he's a schitzo, but on the bright side, this class is like a free block. No homework, no work. 

Girls were still drooling over Josh, but for once in his life, he was to love struck about Alli to notice. 

"So man. When are you going to make you and Alli exclusive? You know, like tell all these girls who look like they have rabies?"  

God, I'm so freaking funny. I crack myself up sometimes.

"Whenever she wants everyone to know, I'll tell every single person one the world that she's mine."

As Josh was staring up at the ceiling in thought and wonder like a teenage girl who was obsessed over Justin Bieber, I had the chance to scoff, 

"Whipped." 

Earning a nice side smack against my head. 

"You're just jealous of our love man."  Josh let out a low laugh, while I forced one out.

Truth is, I am jealous of Allison and Josh. They both feel the same way for each other, while I on the other hand, am head over heels for a girl who for all I know, hates me. 

If only loved worked out for everyone, eh?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"So, I was thinking that after school, we could go to Alli's house and have a saw marathon?" 

Holy shit. Josh just didn't shut up about her. He was whipped. No matter what his 'pretty boy rep' thought. 

"I actually have plans."

"Visiting Emma again?" 

Josh suddenly deflated. His personality going for over the top excited, to just a tad above depressed. 

I knew he wanted me to move on. Josh didn't want me to get rejected. He saw how much pain I was in just seeing Emma lying on the hosptial bed, and he knew if she didn't love me back, it would kill me even more. 

"Yeah. Like you said before. There's always hope." Giving him a small smile, I got a little smirk in return from him. 

Walking across the opposite end of the parking lot, Josh yelling, 

"Tell Emma her big brother says 'hi'." 

Giving him a thumbs up, he stepped into his car and drove off. 

Looking up into the sky, I felt rain start to lightly sprinkle down on me. 

"Please God, keep Emma safe." 

- - - - - -- 

Walking down the hall to Emma's room, my heart was pounding against my chest. I needed her more then she knew. 

Opening the door, I looked at her beautiful face, so calm and peaceful. 

"Emma, please wake up." 

I know I've said this over and over again to her. 
I must had pleaded hundreds of times in these last 2 monthes. 

But this was my breaking point. 

I was begging on my knees. 

Grabbing her hand and brushing my thumb across her palm, I felt a slight squeeze around my fingers. 

For some reason my mind couldn't grasp what just happened. 

It took me minutes to realize that Emma was finally responsive. 

Smiling from ear to ear, I found myself screaming 'Nurse!"

 -- -- - -- -- - 

On the side.

That cake looks good.

I want it.