Chapter 22

I stood in my bathroom getting ready for Christmas Day at the Cooper's. I was wearing a maroon sweater, black jeans, and black booties. My hair was wavy, because I slept with my hair in a braid. My makeup was natural as usual. 

I left my bathroom and slid down the banister to the foyer.

"Mom! Are you ready?" I asked grabbing the Cooper's gifts from under the Christmas tree

My mom walked out wearing a sweater, jeans, and some boots. While Amelia had on a dress, black tights, and flats. 

"Cute outfits." I commented 

"Thank you. Come on get into my car." My mom said grabbing the keys to her car

We loaded the presents into the trunk and then I got into the front seat. The drive wasn't that long, because we only lived a block and half away from each other. We could of walked, but no one wanted to carry presents to and back.

Once we got to the Cooper's, we got all the presents out before I rang the doorbell.

"Hi other family." Catherine said walking out of the kitchen "The tree is in the living room c'mon. Those must be heavy."

I nodded my head and walked to the living room since I already knew where it was. Grayson was sitting on the couch with Gillian watching Home Alone.

"Hey." I greeted putting the gifts under the Christmas tree "Happy birthday, you adult!"

"Thank you, you almost adult." He smiled as he stood up to give me a peck on the lips and a hug

Catherine walked into the living room "Let's open presents and then we can sing Grayson happy birthday."

We moved the coffee table out of the way and all sat around the Christmas tree. I bought gifts for my mom, Gillian, Amelia, Catherine, and of course Grayson. I gave them all their gifts, but Grayson got two gifts one birthday and one Christmas. I also had my own little pile that built up.

My mom got me a Starbucks card, a cute little mug and an amazon gift card. Catherine and Gillian got me freakin' Lululemon leggings and a Tiffany's necklace with a 'G' on it. Clever. Amelia got me a pair of nike pros which was always appreciated.

"Okay Grayson open your Christmas present first then your birthday present." I said sitting next to him

The bag I picked out was a Mickey Mouse bag. Grayson pulled out two envelopes.

"Open the one with the horrid drawn plane on it." I pointed to it

He did as I said and pulled out two plane tickets. "Plane tickets to Chicago. For what?"

"Open the other one." I said looking at him

Grayson tore the envelope open to pull out two NFL draft tickets. "Woah. We're going to the NFL draft! How the hell did you manage to get these?"

"Your dad and my dad managed to help me." I said smiling "Drew gets drafted so."

He then pulled out a huge frame full of pictures us and things that reminded us of each other. "Damn how long did this take you?"

"Grayson Luke Cooper." Catherine warned him

"Don't worry about how long it took just about how it looks." I said smiling at him

Grayson got me slippers and a polaroid camera.

After we all finished opening presents, we all sang Happy Birthday to Grayson and it was a good way to bring in eighteen. 

Afterwards, we ate some food then cake and ice cream. It was a good time catching up with everyone and playing fun Christmas games.

"I have something else for you." Grayson told me as we sat outside on the patio alone

He handed me a sparkly blue bag and inside the bag was a small box in One Direction wrapping paper. 

"Funny Grayson." I grinned

I took the wrapping paper off to reveal a velvet box as I looked up at him. 

"I'm not proposing." Grayson assured me

I opened the velvet box to reveal a ring. A ring in shape of a heart with a blue gem on the left and a red gem on the right. It was beautiful.

"Do you get it? The blue topaz is my birthstone and the garnet is yours

"Do you get it? The blue topaz is my birthstone and the garnet is yours. Inside the ring it has A&G engraved into it." Grayson explained as I stared at the ring

"I love it. Thank you." I said throwing my arms around him still holding the ring.

"No problem, I just had to let my girl how much she meant to me." He spoke as he hugged me

I looked Grayson in the eyes, "You're so sweet."

"I love you." Grayson told me as he put the ring on my right ring finger 

I kissed his cheek, "I love you more."