Four Years Forward - Chapter 4

A few weeks before the wedding, Grayson and I got the biggest surprise of our life.

"You're having twins." The lady told me as she pointed it out of the monitor

My mouth dropped. That explained why I was so tired, hungry, and had to pee so often. It was double the load inside of me.

I look at Grayson as he looked in awe at the screen.

"Twin, like two?" I croaked

She nodded, "That' why you're a bit bigger than a singleton pregnancy. Double the diapers doubt the bottles, and the cribs its twins. From the looks of it, they are fraternal."

"I took some pictures." She added as she turned off the machine "I'll go get them as well as our free preparing for twins pamphlet."

I wiped my stomach off and pulled my shirt down, "Wow."

"Now we have to tell your dad that you're pregnant and it's with twins over lunch." Grayson bought up

I groaned, "That's why I feel like a beluga whale. My dad is going to be so excited."

"After he kicks my ass." Grayson smirked as he helped me down

We got the pictures back and walked to Grayson's car. We drove to the restaurnt where we were meeting my dad. He was in North Carolina while he was doing his book tour. My dad wrote a personal memoir about his life, I have no idea why.

My dad was grinning ear to ear. Thank god I was wearing the baggiest sweater I owned.

"I bought you my book." My dad smiled as he handed us two signed copies

'Rob Peterson: How I Balled. A memoir of family, football, and failure (with some success)'

"Wow, thanks dad!" I smiled as I put it inside my purse

I sat down on the right side of the booth with Grayson. While my dad sat on the other side. We browsed the menu, but I already knew what I wanted.

"Are you excited for the wedding? Three weeks away." My dad reminded us

Grayson nodded, "Very."

We ordered our food and drinks. It was a pizza place, but we all ordered calzones.

"So Dad," I started as I put my straw in my water "Grayson and I want to tell you something."

I slid him the envelope

"Oh did you get me a build board for my book?" He questioned as he opened it

That smile quickly faded when we saw the ultrasound pictures.

"I'm pregnant." I told my dad

"With twins." Grayson added

My dad's jaw dropped, "With twins?"

"Yeah, you're the first person we've told about the twins part." I confessed

My dad looked up, "Your great grandma was a twin and your uncle has two sets of twins."

"Never knew that." I admitted me

"I wish you would have waited until after the wedding, but congrats." My dad smiled

His voice was a lot softer and he wasn't smiling as much as he did when he talked about his book. I knew he was trying to be happy for us, but I didn't know if he really was happy for us.

-

December 13 came quicker than I thought it would be. I rolled over to see Grayson who was already up. I turned the alarm off as I smiled as I saw Grayson.