It wasn't sounding good for us.

"Hello," Angelo answered after what seemed like forever.

"We're in trouble!" I yelled, "The cops found us," as we walked outside, my biggest suspicion had been confirmed. You could hear the cop sirens blaring down the street.

"What?! Where are you? Can you get away?"

"I...don't think so."

The cell phone was yanked out of my hand by Jake, "Fuck you!" I snapped.

"You're gonna have to come in and answer a few questions for us."

"I won't answer any of your stupid questions, so there really isn't a point."

_____________________

I was surprised that they didn't take Sophia and Alessio away from me. They instead got to sit in this scary ass room listening to terrible stories about their dad with me.

This Detective Woodrow guy was a real piece of work. I remember hearing about him all the time that week or so I "worked" here. He had the balls to talk shit about Angelo and try to get us to turn our backs on him and give up his location.

"How can you sit here and defend the man behind these innocent people's murders?" he motioned to the various crime scene photos laid out in front of us. They were grotesque yes, but that's what the mafia was and we knew that. "Can we make a deal?"

"Absolutely not."

"Will you at least listen to it?"

"I obviously can't stop you from talking. If I could, you wouldn't have said all of that stuff in front of my kids, now would you?"

"If you won't give up Angelo's whereabouts, what about Rafael's?"

"Rafael?" I asked. The name wasn't ringing a bell, "I'm not as associated with the mafia as you'd like to think, Mr. Woodrow."

"Angelo's father. Do you know where he is?"

Ohhh, so that's his name. Interesting. I probably knew that at one point.

"What do I get if I tell you?" I saw this going in a very good direction, I could also see them turning it around though and taking Angelo too, so, I'd probably have to decline.

"We'll let you go home."

"I....I don't know. You're setting me up for very very bad things. I'd be known as a traitor and that would reflect poorly on the rest of us. I could get killed," I paused, "I don't wanna talk to you anymore."

"Who gets the power after Rafael? Who'll be the Boss?"

"Even if I knew, why the hell would I tell you?"

"It's your son, isn't it?"

"Of course not."

He kept on asking questions and I kept on ignoring them.

"Ok, we can play this game. I'll take your children into a separate room and interview them. Maybe they'll be more cooperative."

"We don't want to talk to you either," Sophia said and Alessio nodded in agreement. "We won't talk to you. Omertà."

Detective Woodrow stood up and walked out of the room. Sophia immediately turned to me, "Did daddy really kill all of them?" She stole a quick glance at the pictures still on the table before looking back at me.

Seriously? How do I put this without absolutely crushing her, "No. Why would he?"

And lies. That's how you do it.

"Why does he think he did than?"

"Can we just tell him where grandpa is so we can go home?" Alessio asked.

The door opened and this time Jake came in. He was one of the last people I wanted to see at this very moment. He took the seat detective Woodrow was in not too long ago and just sat there quietly.

"Yes?" I asked, "What do you want?"

"Answers."

"If I tell you where to find Rafael, will you forget about Angelo and let us go home?"

"We won't forget about Angelo. He's wanted. Have you seen the stuff he's had a hand in doing? We can turn our heads for a minute, but no longer than that."

"Ok. He goes to the Red Wagon club in Manhattan every Wednesday night, so I've learned anyway."

"If you're lying, we're bringing you back in."

I stood up, "If you can find me."

______________________

Guys!

I'm so sad after reading all of your comments on the last chapter :(

I didn't expect stuff like that. ANGELO'S STILL IN LOOOOVE WITH CHLOE....so now I have to prove it to all of you in some way, maybe with the next chapter?

But...

I think the story is coming to an end, and I've already written the first chapter for the next one. It'll be the last in the series, so I'm kinda sad. The teaser cover is the picture at the top.