Chapter Ten Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Kim I-" I turned away from him and noticed another doorway in the far end of the room. I needed to get my cousin back, regardless of the shock I had just received. I walked towards the door and slowly laid my hand on the handle, then gently pushed it down to discover it was locked.

Darn it.

I took a deep breath.

"Taylor?" I said quietly. I heard a muffled cry from inside. It was her, trapped in this tiny room with barely any air or breathing space, unable to escape. It's been so long, I had no idea she was left in such a condition. I tried peeping through the key hole to see her, but the room was dimly lit, and nothing was seen. "Taylor I'm coming, don't worry." The concealed cry was heard once again. There was no way I would be able to find a key at a moment like this, if it were up to me the key would be laying somewhere on the table for easy access. Unfortunately though, nothing ever did work out so well. I turned to see Ajay had remained in the same position, watching me intently. I breathed deeply and faced my back to him, he might as well leave, he has no business being here anymore.

"You're gonna need a key," I heard him mutter from behind. I completely ignored him and examined the key hole, there must be another way, a simpler way to unlock this door, "I can help you." He proposed.

"You've helped enough." I replied bluntly, hinted with sarcasm. I then had a slight brain wave and reached up to my hair, behind my neatly tucked bun. I removed the hair pin that was lodged inside the bun, causing my hair to untwist and flow down in a messy thick brown tirade. Using the hair pin I tampered around with the lock and managed to alter it. I pushed the door open and switched on the light to see a tiny box room, consisting of a book-shelf on the left and a firm wooden table in the centre, with Taylor tied to the chair that was placed behind the table. Her eyes widened when she saw me. Her mouth was taped up along with her whole body. She was unable to speak or move this whole time. I watched her silently with a deep frown on my face.

"Taylor.." I whimpered. It's been days without seeing her, she'd been left this way for a very long time, and none of us had the slightest clue - apart from Ajay of course. I stepped closer and she attempted to speak, but her speech was muffled once again by the tape around her mouth. He hands were firmly tied together with rope, along with her ankles. Ajay walked swiftly past me and approached the chair. He crouched down behind the chair and began to untie all of the knots. I was left stood there watching him with such animosity and resentment. I had told him quite clearly that I did not require any help from here on, yet he chose to ignore my declarative telling, and was helping to free my cousin. He had the absolute nerve. Now wasn't the time to focus on him anyway, this was all about Taylor and her well-being, and always has been. He eventually untied all of the knots and she responded immediately by ripping the silver tape off of her mouth. She breathed deeply and gave a sigh of relief and anguish. She rotated her hands to relax her wrists and groaned as the burn struck her. Lord knows how long the rope had been blocking the circulation of blood to her hands; poor thing must be in immense pain.

"Thank you so much," she said looking directly at Ajay. His eyes shifted in my direction, and suddenly the guilt and indiscretion washed over him. He peered down at the floor and clenched his jaw.

"Don't mention it," he murmured almost inaudibly. Tay's eyes then met mine and she quickly jumped up and ran into my arms. I clutched her tight and sighed. Her breathing was ecstatic, as was her heartbeat. I could feel it through her chest; she had suffered a great ordeal.

"Kim," she whispered as she grasped me desperately, almost fearful to release her grip on me.

"C'mon Tay, let's get out of here," I said subconsciously, my eyes had already rested on his, and we shared deep eye-contact. We were silent, yet our eyes and facial expressions said plenty. My heart yearned for him, ordering me to approach him and hold him close, and to never let go. My mind however was saying completely different. It was a strange scenario; as if two little humans were slumbered on both of my shoulders. One good, one evil.