Chapter Forty one

Start from the beginning

I nod, feeling that horrible throw up feeling that I get when I am extremely nervous, and Arwen takes my arm as we walk out of my room. The further we get down the hallway, the more nervous I become. I can hear my heart pounding in my ears like a drum, and I keep swallowing, my throat like sandpaper.

"You are alright," Arwen whispers soothingly, "Everything is going to be fine."

I nod distractedly, licking my lips that are suddenly very dry, but I cannot find my voice. Arwen continues to whisper to me, and it helps a tiny bit, but when I see Aragorn standing in the hallway that opens up to the pavilion where Legolas and I will marry, my mind goes blank with anxiety.

Aragorn smiles widely at me, his eyes sparkling with excitement, and he approaches us, pulling me into a tight embrace. "Eilonwy, you look absolutely beautiful," he says, and I cling to him, his natural musky scent calming me, if only a little.

"I am scared," I whisper as the others stand a few feet away, politely giving us our space.

"Do not be," he says, rubbing my back.

"I am making the right choice," I whisper, the statement sounding more like a question.

"Yes, you are. You are following your heart and marrying your soulmate. You will never regret such a decision. I promise," he says, and I nod, exhaling deeply.

I pull away from him, and he gives me an encouraging smile, patting my cheek gently.

"Lady Eilonwy! Look at my dress," Estrith exclaims, running toward me down the hall. She spins around and giggles, pushing her curly hair out of her face where it has already begun to fall from its intricate braid.

"You look absolutely beautiful," I tell her, leaning down to hug her and kiss her head.

"You do, too," she says, touching the silky material of my dress in wonder, "You look like a princess."

"Estrith!" Arwen scolds, coming over and taking her hand, "What did you do to your hair? We are fixing this at once."
Estrith waves at me as her mother takes her away to re-braid her hair.

"Soon you will have your own kids to take care of," Aragorn tells me with a slight smirk, "Legolas did say that he wants many."

I laugh, blushing slightly. "I love children, so I have no arguments," I reply, fidgeting with the sleeve of my dress again.

Aragorn clasps my hand in his, stopping me from my nervous squirming. "Eilonwy, stop. Do not mess up your dress. How many times do I have to tell you that you should not be nervous?" he says, chuckling deeply.

I glare at him teasingly. "Telling me to not be nervous does not help! If only it was that easy," I reply, trying to gaze past the large bushes that keep us from view of Legolas and the rest of our wedding company.

Aragorn places his hands on my arms, moving me so that I cannot see. "No, no, no, you cannot risk Legolas seeing you. I cannot wait to see his face," he says with a laugh.

I groan slightly. "I am going to blush. I know it. I always do when he looks at me in that way," I say.

"In what way?" Aragorn questions teasingly, raising his eyebrow.

I give him an unimpressed look, and he laughs loudly.

"I am only teasing you-,"

"Are you ready to begin?" Lady Celebrian asks, walking toward us with an excited grin.

I swallow thickly, glancing at Aragorn who gives me an encouraging nod. "I am," I say, and my voice betrays my nerves.

She nods. "Alright then," she says happily, and she disappears out onto the circular pavilion where our wedding is taking place.