Chapter 8

You were being shaken roughly as you rose from your temporary stupor, to be met with the frantic eyes of a certain skeleton. It wasn't for a few seconds before you blinked, that you realised... you blinked! Last you checked you were separate from the rest of your body! Leaping up and wrapping yourself around him, you started sobbing almost incoherently "It hurt! It hurt! Make it stop, please make it stop!" Sans seemed to hear you as he wrapped his arms around you protectively and whispered "It's over, Y/N, no more pain. No more pain." After a few minutes you relaxed, and calmed down enough to actually take notice of your surroundings. All of the group were there, and you mentally chastised yourself. Never had you been so vulnerable to attack when you awoke, never! You hadn't even noticed them, standing, some shocked, some surprised and some awkward, for about what seemed like ten minutes! You unconsciously regained your composure, self-assured, strong and smart, and wiped your tears away before coming to your feet. You walked out the door, wondering why the others were staring at you like a wild bear released from a cage.

Sans POV

She seemed to be surprised at having control over her body, the separation had happened to each of us, but never this badly. It had been a few days, and we were really starting to get worried for her. As she relaxed in my arms, I felt a blue tinge faintly shine on my face, which was facing away from the group, thank god. I realised how intimate the hug was, and when she pulled away, I was almost reluctant to let go. She left without once looking at me.

Time Skip to a while later

2nd person POV

You were sitting comfortably on the couch when you heard someone sneaking up behind you. When they were within a foot away, you jumped up, spun round and caught them in a grip they couldn't wriggle out of, hands behind their back, face down and out of breath from the fast impact with the ground. You held them in that state until you recognised them a moment later, Sans. You were about to get up when strong arms did a similar hold to yours, instead in a half-standing position, where you could kick a pressure point in her leg sending her support crumbling from under her and hold both with the same grip. Undyne seemed shocked that you uprooted her so easily, but you knew almost everything there was to know about the human body, all its strengths and weaknesses. Most monsters were so similar to humans that the pressure points were the same, meaning you didn't have to learn a whole new set of rules for them. Which was good, since you didn't feel like going to school at Y/A (Your age, if over 18). "So. Why were you sneaking up on m-?!?" Strong bonds of blue magic tied you up and pushed you away from the monsters, and they stood up and shook themselves off before standing and studying you like you were an interesting artefact. "You, are a very interesting creature. Why did you never tell us your secret?" "What secret? I tell you all you need to know!" "Your power." "Power? What power?" Undyne sighed. "If she refuses to tell us, we will have to deal with her until she does." You hung limp, resigned, mentally slapping yourself for trusting them to keep their part of the promise. Protection, and no intentional harm done. Smirking, Undyne said "You think we're falling for that trick? You really underestimate us!" You whispered almost inaudibly. "I never should have trusted you to keep your promise, when in the end you would tie me up and torture me. This is what trust brings you. Pain. Only pain." You sighed, and held a hand out to a mortified Sans. "At least give me access to a knife so I can end myself painlessly." He jumped, and the bonds fell.

Sans POV

As I accidentally let the bonds fall, a dozen thoughts were running through my head. She really didn't know she had magic, and was telling the truth! This was not how I expected or wanted this to go. Snapping back to reality, I saw her kneeling down, and time seemed to slow. I realised for the first time how incredibly dull, fed-up and lifeless her E/C eyes were, and how she had earnestly kept to her side of the promise. How she really didn't have anywhere to go, anyone to go back to. She moved the knife toward where she knew her heart was, and I ran forward, seconds becoming hours, hours becoming years. I knocked the blade out of her hand as it touched her skin, leaving a slight cut and a trickle of blood down her chest. I landed on top of her, aware of tears filling my eyes. I saw, from the corner of my eye, Undyne motioning for the group to move in. They did so slowly, shocked to the bone about what they just witnessed. I couldn't blame them.

(858 approx. words.

Okay, I'm sorry this chapter was so dismal. I'm feeling really... (I don't really need to say do I?) and Zil had to take over to stop me from doing anything... stupid. She tries to help me but, her words, 'Some people don't want to be helped.'. I try to keep up, but it can be more difficult than it seems. I'll be back with the next chapter soon... I guess...