5.

(A/N: the above picture is Alice's dress for the party. I absolutely love it.)

Alice's POV
I couldn't believe I was working for Alan Rickman. I'm sure no one would believe me if I told them.
The rest of the week that's all I thought about. Dan would relentlessly tease me about it, but I didn't care.
I bet he was just jealous that he couldn't be around such a genius all the time.
Now, it was Saturday, and the charity benefit party was in a few or so hours.
Daniel's reaction when I scolded him for not telling me about the party was along the lines of "I don't know what you're talking about" and "I already had a date for it."
So then I smirked, and said, "Don't worry about it. because I have to go anyway."
Which brings me to where I'm standing in front of my closet, trying to find something to wear. It was a formal occasion, and that scared me a bit. I was a bit of a dinosaur while wearing high heels over the years, but I've gotten better. Nevertheless, I prefer to stay at home than go out to parties. But I had an obligation to Alan, and I had to look like I belonged in his world. I didn't want him to think he made a mistake by hiring me.
I pawed through the hangers, until my fingers landed on something I'd almost forgot I had.
It was a long party gown, champagne color, with an intricate beaded design. It had a slight dip in the cleavage area, but not too much where I would feel uncomfortable. The dress was a cross between vintage 1950s and modern party girl.
I had never worn it, even though my mother had insisted time and time again to wear it for family functions, I declined. I knew it would come in handy someday, and it seemed today was that day.
I hurriedly pulled the dress on, being careful not to rip it or anything grave like that. Alan expected me to be at his house in about an hour, so we could arrive at the event together. My stomach churned excitedly thinking about being in a car alone with Alan Rickman.
'Professionalism, Alice.' I chided myself.
After I zipped up the dress, I broke out of my reverie, to walk to my mirror, and do my hair and apply my makeup. I pinned my hair half up using some silver pins, and left the other half down. Thankfully, it was already curled slightly so it looked natural. I applied some mascara and light pink lipstick, not wanting to overdue it. I grabbed a pair of four inch silver sequined heels, and fastened them on my feet.
I let out a breath, and grabbed my clutch, making sure my phone was secure. I re-read the text Alan had sent me(yes, he texted me! *squeals*)
stating his address.
I got in my car and drove to his house, which only took me about thirty minutes. I parked my car, and got out. I was so dumbstruck that he was letting me come to his house, that I didn't really pay attention to what it looked like. All I could see was that it was the perfect size and suit for a man like him.
I approached the front door, and knocked hesitantly.
Not even a minute passed before the door opened, revealing a slightly disheveled Alan Rickman.
His white shirt was unbuttoned, hair a bit messy. Yes, his black dress pants were on and fastened, along with his black dress shoes.
Even so, he looked breathtakingly HOT.
I literally felt my heart skip a beat as I stared at him.
"Are you inclined to stay out there all night?" He asked, tip of a smirk on his lips.
I blinked, and chuckled nervously. I walked inside, as he closed the door behind me.
I could feel him staring at me even before I turned around.
"You look lovely, Alice." He complimented, an unreadable expression in his eyes.
I smiled. "Thank you, Alan."
He softly assessed me for a moment longer before he looked down at his clothes.
"Ah, so...I could use your help, it seems."
I rose an eyebrow. "Come again?"
He just grabbed my hand gently, and pulled me up some stairs, and the only thought going through my mind was:
He's taking me to his bedroom.
My heart was beating a mile a minute.
We entered a rather cozy and furnished bedroom, and Alan motioned for me to stay.
I just nodded, because I couldn't form any words.
He reappeared minutes later, holding two suit jackets.
"Blue or black?" He asked me,
I took a breath, and pointed at one. "Black. Complete the ensemble." I replied.
He eyed the black suit jacket, and then eyed me.
"I trust your judgement, so black it is." He mused.
He turned around to toss the blue jacket on his bed, and face a mirror. He looked into it as he buttoned up his white shirt. I bit my lip absentmindedly watching him. Let me just tell you, there was nothing better than watching Alan Rickman get dressed.
I caught myself before I could be seen drooling over my boss. By the man himself, no less.
How embarrassing that would be.
After he finished, he turned to me, smiling.
I smiled back, and then checked my phone.
"It's just past six." I stated.
"Well then, let us depart." He said with a soft smile, hand on my back, leading me down the stairs.
My heart started to pound again, as Alan opened the car door for me, and I got inside. He circled around, and got in the other side. As soon as he did, the driver started the car, and we were off.
And I couldn't believe this was real life.
**********
A/N: the next chapter will be the car ride and the party, I figured save the good stuff...perhaps ;)