Chapter 2

Chapter 2

2 weeks later I roamed the halls of the high school.  It was as barren as ever but that was only slightly due to the fact I was 20 minutes late to my next class.  It was only math I was missing, it’s not like it’s that important.  Well I guess for some of you people it might be but when you’ve got a 201 IQ even the most advanced classes really don’t stimulate your brain, at all.

                Maybe I wouldn’t go to math today, Mrs. Atkins was kinda a bitch and I was 20 minutes late.  Yeah math sounded stupid today I was just going to have to be reading some of the 3rd Harry Potter series again.  I stopped as abruptly as possible and turned into the nearest girls bathroom.  The walls were pale blue and had the same boring checkered tiling as every other school in the continental US. 

                I shoved one of the doors open and began to sat down, that was until I saw the most popular guy in school sitting on the toilet instead of me.  At least he wasn’t using it.

“What the crap are you doing in the girls bathroom?” I screamed at him, which probably wasn’t the best idea considering that we were both skipping. 

                “Uh, the same thing you’re doing, skipping,” he said and then went back to texting what I’m sure was some hoe on his phone.

                “In the girls restroom?”  I asked gesturing the blank wall where the urinals would have been if the restroom wasn’t for girls.

                He shrugged, “No one checks in here.  They think you girls are all goody two shoes.  But since you’re skipping I’m guessing that that’s not true.”

“Who the hell cares what I’m doing?  You’re the lame idiot in the wrong bathroom.”

                 “Oh really, I’m the lame one?  What’s your name?  Or better yet what’s my name?” he taunted.  The guy was smart enough to know that even me, a girl that had no friends even knew his name.

                “Ryan Young,” I answered him, “and just so you know my names Lilly.”

                His smirk was wiped off his face as he looked up at me, “wait move your bangs.”

                I stopped smiling myself as I knew what he was getting at.  Until this point My bangs had been covering up my face and my sweater and jeans were covering up anything else that needed to be seen to know what I was.  I pushed the bangs out of my face revealing the dark mark that covered my forehead.  The one that read 18.

                “You’re a Touched,” he accused as he put his cell phone away and finally started listening to everything I was saying, “You’re Lilly Sebastian.”

                “Yes, my names Lilly Sebastian, yes, I’m a Touched.  Who cares?”

                “You’re a horrible person,” he snapped at me and pushed past me and stormed out of the bathroom.

                So now you know, now you know.  I’m a “horrible person.”  I will never be a good person.  I will never be loved.  I know this has happened to be a thousand times before.  I know I’ve been called a things much worse than “horrible person” before.  But it always hurts, it always hurts.  I sat down on the freezing toilet seat and wrapped my arms around my legs.  Not even my parents really loved me.  I’d never had a best friend, I’d never dated, I’d never had more than a five word conversation than anyone who wasn’t my parents.  Excluding now.

                I laid my head down on my knees and let the hot water start to leak from my eyes.  I was the scar tissue of a normal human, I was the ruins of a city.  And there was no way I was ever able to build myself back up.  I was destined to destroy the world, what can I say?  It wasn’t my choose and my dad had to die for me.  Or more he killed himself when he realized what he had created.

                My mother was the one that had to be strong.  She knew that on my eighteenth birthday the Latro were going to come and take me from her and train me to be in there alien army.  No matter what I wanted, I was going to have to destroy the human race.

****

                I had wimped out.  For the rest of the day I had hide in the girl’s bathroom.  Of course, at some point the janitor had found me but even then they literally had to tear me from my stall.  It was my protection in there no one else could hurt me.

                The janitor lady had pulled me all the way down to the counselor’s office which I was now waiting in for my mom to come get me.  The counselor kept saying she wanted to help me, but you could tell from the way she looked at me like I was just another problem she didn’t really care.  I just stared at her blankly in the eye so she knew I wasn’t afraid of her, I just didn’t ever want to talk to her about me.

                My mom rushed into the room, “Oh thank god your okay Lilly,” she shouted and came over to me examining my body like I’d been in a car crash or something.

                “Yes, Lilly’s just fine.  She’s just being a little dramatic today,” the counselor announced to my parents like I wasn’t even there.

                I stuck my tongue out at her and got up to walk out with my parents.  I really didn’t want to be in this room one moment longer.  My dad took my hand and walked out with me and we left my mom to talk to the counselor.  Even though John was my stepdad I loved him just as much as a real father.  As I said earlier my real dad killed himself when he found out what I was.  I hate that man with all the passion in my heart.

                This wasn’t much, the Latro and basically sucked all of the love and emotions out of my heart.  They had only left me with the agony and hatred that normal humans feel.  I was like a robot being built on Earth and being shipped out to space when I had reached the proper age.  They really were horrible beings, but they were horrible beings I was going to fight for.