I groaned and turned on my side on my bed.

Is this how I'm supposed to wile away eternity in this bed; with my own thoughts? This is more like hell than torture!

"Is there something wrong?" I heard a guard ask from outside the cell.

I didn't answer.

I have to get out of here for her.
S

he needs me.

Well... does she really?

I keep saying that she deserves better than me, but I'm acting like she needs me.

...Do I need her?

THIS IS SO HORRIFYING.

BEING STUCK IN THIS CELL UNTIL I DIE WITH MY OWN THOUGHTS AS COMPANY.

Yes.

I do.

It's so obvious, isn't it?

I need her.

I am a god. I don't know what she is, but from what I know of her, she is more powerful than me.

Possibly even Odin.

Maybe even more powerful than her own mother.

I hope I haven't fallen in love with her power.

That'd just show how much I really haven't changed.

OKAY LOKI, JUST... CALM DOWN. YOU CAN FIX EVERYTHING IF YOU JUST FIND A WAY TO GET OUT OF THIS STUPID CELL.

Where do I go when I escape though? I don't have any transportation to get to the secret portal, and why the hell would Heimdall help me out by sending me to another world? There's no way I could get ahold of Mother Nature so Ase could bring me there, and I can't hide on Asgard.

I am officially screwed.

* * *

Tessa's P.O.V.

"Tessa?"

"No,"

"I haven't even said anything yet."

I didn't answer.

I was too upset.

Layla was dead, Edna just came into my life, and Frigga is gone.

All three mother figures in my life I have, or had, a messed up relationship with.

Layla was, what I thought to be, my biological mother. She turned out to be my adoptive mother, and died when I was twenty.

Edna is the second. She's a tricky one. She was apparently banished by Odin into Natenheim and won't tell me who my biological is. Her right-hand man is Heimdall's brother, and she has a village of people who hate her. And me. She loves me but hates me and lost me to a kidnapping when I was a baby to a woman named Nyota. I guess we're on good terms now, but there's so much to be resolved in the mystery.

Frigga. She's the third, and the one who I was most comfortable around. I know what you're thinking; Layla should've been the one you were most comfortable around because she was your mom! Respect the 'dead' Tessa! But Frigga only knew what I told her.