Chapter 5 - Middle Name

*Ashton's POV*

We finished our show in The Woodlands, Texas, and I was ready to go to Pennsylvania to meet with Janessa. My flight wasn't booked until late the next day, so I knew we couldn't go until then. I not only wanted to get my suitcase back, but I wanted to meet Janessa.

I had Googled her name, and I found out that her birthday was August 10, the day we set for us to meet up. I knew I just had to get her a present, something, anything. I'd put it in her suitcase with a little note on it.

"What were you saying about Janessa, Ashton?" Michael wondered.

"It's her birthday, the day we're getting our suitcases from each other. I wanted to do something special for her, get her something nice and put it in her suitcase as a surprise," I smiled.

"Ashton, I don't know why you're so into her.. You said she's rude to you. I wouldn't like a girl if she was rude to me," Michael made a point.

"You're right. She was mean to me, but she was just mad because I had taken her suitcase."

"Who knows? She could've taken your suitcase before you took hers," he told me.

"I know, but she's just so beautiful. She sings so prettily, and she always seems to be nice to her fans. I think she was just pissed because I had taken her suitcase," I shrugged.

"Okay. I just don't want you to fall for a girl who's going to be rude to you and treat you like her servant or her blame for everything," he sighed.

"I won't," I told him, "and if I do, I'll be fine."

I went back into my room in the hotel suite and Googled "Janessa Winters" again. I wanted to learn more about her before I met her. I wanted to know all I could about her, too, so I didn't look like an idiot. That was the last thing I wanted to happen. I really hoped I didn't look like an idiot in front of her.

I found out from quizzes and informational sites and her Wikipedia page that her favorite color was blue, she started to learn to play guitar when she was five, she's always wanted to be a singer and performer, she grew up in the town of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, her parents names are Joseph and Jessica, she has three brothers and a sister. There were a lot of other things I learned, but one wasn't her middle name.

None of the websites said her middle name. I couldn't find it anywhere. That's the thing I wanted to know the most. What was Janessa Winter's middle name?

I wanted to impress her by calling her by her full name, but I guess I couldn't do that.

Janessa Claire Winters? No, that didn't sound right. Janessa Elizabeth Winters? That didn't ring a bell either. Maybe I wouldn't figure it out because it wouldn't ring a bell; I'd never heard her middle name.

Maybe I could look in her suitcase to find it. Was I obsessing? I hoped I wasn't obsessing over finding her middle name. That would be weird.

I searched her ID, and it only gave me a middle initial: L. I searched middle names starting with the letter "L". I pulled my laptop carefully out of my duffel bag. Calum walked in while I was on my laptop searching for her middle name.

"Ash, what are you doing?" He wondered curiously.

"I'm searching middle names. It's not weird," I defended.

"I think that's pretty weird. Who's middle name are you trying to find?"

"Nobody's," I turned away from him and pulled my computer away too.

"Let me guess, are you trying to find out Janessa's middle name?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, "don't judge me. I just want to know. It starts with an L, what do you think it is?"

"I don't know, and if you can't just find it on the Internet, I don't think she wants you to know either. Stop obsessing over it. What if she doesn't like you back, huh? What will you do then? You seem to have quite an obsession over Janessa."

"Everyone keeps telling me that. Now be quiet, and let me research this," I told him, waving him out of the room. He put his hands up in surrender and left.

I continued to look in middle names for girls beginning with an "L". Lacey? Lauren? Laura? Lainey? Larissa? Leslie? Lenora? Leah? Lexi? Livi? Lindsey? I had no idea, and I knew I'd never be able to figure it out for sure just by the Internet. I just wanted to know more about her.

I was beginning to realize how much I liked her, too much, way too much. I hadn't even met her, or talked to her much. I got to the point where I could hardly wait to meet her, because I wanted to find out if I truly liked her, or if I just like her for her looks. But I was still disappointed that I hadn't figured out her middle name. I needed to know. I'd just have to ask her, when I met her and figured out for sure if I liked her or not.