Levi Ackerman X Reader

(Soulmate!AU: from the time you are born, you have your soulmates name written across your wrist. Like a tattoo.)

Title: SoulMate.

Warnings: none.

(Y/n)'s PoV:

I stumble across the street, in search for my new career.

I just recently booked a great job in New York City. Of course, the job is working for a news paper company. There is a great amount of money I earn and really kind people.

I dust the arms of my jacket off as I'm once again, pushed into a stone building.

"Watch it!" A not-so-pleasant voice calls and I look towards them, silencing cursing myself for not saying anything back.

I push my way through the crowd as I finally reach the place. I push the door open and I'm instantly greeted by Ilse.

"Good morning, (y/n)!" She calls from her packed desk.

"Hello, Ilse! Quite a bit of work having to be done, eh?" I ask and she blushes and nods.

"Perks of being the bosses assistant", she scratches the back of her neck and sweat-drops. I giggle and turn towards the elevator.

I push the button with the number '3' imprinted on it and wait patiently for the door to open.

As I step in, someone brushes next to me and murmurs a quiet 'hello'.

"Hi there", I greet back and turn towards the mysterious person.

He has jet-black hair cut into an under-cut. He had a gaze that made everyone wonder 'does he hate the world?'. But, to me, he was absolutely stunning.

I blush and speak again.

"H-Hi".

"Are you the new employee?" He asks in an emotion-less voice.

"Actually, yes I am. My names (y/n)", I greet and hold my hand out for a polite handshake. I instantly remember the mark on my hand and pull my sleeve down to my knuckles. He must've noticed by the weird look he gave me.

He pushed my hand down and turn towards me.

"I'm Levi", he pats my shoulder and I feel my face heat up.

"Levi....that's a nice name", I compliment and look towards his solumn face.

"Thank you, brat".

I don't know exactly why, but I took that as a compliment.

I giggle and the elevator door slowly pushes open.

"See you around, Levi", I farewell. He nods in response. I smile once more and the doors split us apart.

Could it be possible?

I slide my sleeve back and see the name imprinted onto my skin.

Rivaille

I look and switch the letters around.

"Maybe....just maybe...", I murmur and pull my sleeve back down.

—:—

I walk out of my plain office, awaiting my lunch break.

I plan to go to my favorite café, Maria Rose.

I, once again, step into the elevator and push the '1' button.

I calmly step into the small, cramped elevator and head down to the first floor.