Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Jasmine felt irritated. Another week has past, and two more girls had been eliminated. Unfortunately, she wasn’t part of the two who had to go home. It seemed that the only reason why Alec would keep her on the show was to prolong the pain. If that was the case, then the reasonable thing to do would be to just walk out of the show, but why she didn’t do that yet was beyond her.

 Part of Jasmine didn’t want to quit, no if she did, she’d be going to a place where there was no home to go to… Well that’s what she was telling herself. In truth, she had too much pride to admit to becoming a victim of a reality TV show and to have the tiniest feelings for the guy who piss her off on a daily bases.

To make matters worse, Jasmine was soon to be stuck on an island with Alec and the rest of the show contestants for two whole weeks. This meant that there would not be an elimination round when they’re on the island, however, after they got back to his estate there would be four people who had to leave the show.

It didn’t help that the hostess had also announced that they were going to celebrate his twenty first birthday there. She’d have to find him a gift and that was not something she wanted to do. Maybe she’ll just hide somewhere while they were having his birthday and come back after…

The only thing that cheered Jasmine up was when she stumbled across a huge library with golden bookshelves that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. It was one the most beautiful thing she had seen in Alec’s estate, the amount of books and the bookshelves in the room. After finding a couple of iMacs on a large table, she seated herself onto a chair and wasted most of the afternoon surfing the web. By the time anyone found her, she was curled up in the chair, lightly snoring.

“Yo sleeping beauty! Wake up! Wake up idiot!” repeated the male voice irritably.

“Wha….what?” mumbled Jasmine half asleep as she smacked the hand that was nudging.

Without warning, two strong hands suddenly pushed her off the chair, sending her out of the dream state.

“God, you sleep like a pig,” commented Alec, “Do you know how many times I needed to call your name before you woke up?”

Jasmine snorted and ignored his remark as she got up. “What do you want?” she demanded.

Alec rolled his eyes, “It’s not what I want; it’s what the producer wants.”

“Oh, same thing…  Now what does he want?”

“Well in case you have forgotten what the hostess had said this morning, I am here to remind you that you were scheduled to be in a photo shoot with… me at twelve o’clock,” he said in annoyance, “You never showed up, so half my servants came looking for you, but they failed miserably. After I finished all the shoots with the other girls, I came to find you.  Now we have to get going before it starts to rain,” stated Alec as he grabbed Jasmine’s arm and pulled her out of the library.

***

‘Modeling… who invented that?’ wondered Jasmine as she sulked into the position the photographer instructed her to be in. After being literally forced into her peachy designer dress and her impossibly tall high heels, her mood had turned bitter. If there was one thing she hated most, it would be modeling. She couldn’t even scratch the itch on her face because of the makeup…

“Now, Alec, I want you to wrap your arms around Jasmine’s waist, almost as if you’re bringing her in for a kiss…” said the photographer.

“Oh, hell no!” yelled Jasmine in dismay as she took one swift step away from Alec. Unfortunately, that was her mistake because suddenly she tripped and fell onto the grass, causing a small tear at the side of her dress and making Alec howl with laughter.