Chapter One

Readers beware: This story has some plot holes and mistakes that may annoy you. Editing will be done eventually. Read at your discretion.

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter One         

“Oh. My. Goodness! Jasmine! Would you stop painting for once and check out this hot hunk?” squealed Natalia, holding out a magazine picture of a dark haired male with hazel eyes.

Jasmine lowered her paint brush with a sigh and glanced at the picture her friend was now waving in the air. For a second, her eyes lowered to a shirtless model with six pack abs before they drifted to his well sculpted face. His eyes shone mischievously, while he wore a smirk on his face. He was just anther typical male celebrity who wants attention. What else was new?  “Wow…he’s so…so—”

“Hot? Sexy? Gorgeous?” answered Natalia with a dreamy look.

“Uh no, more like fake, superficial, and shallow.” replied Jasmine with a shrug as she went back to painting. “I mean, as a former swimmer, I’ve seen enough of guys with abs and annoying smirks like that to last me a lifetime. The only difference between them is that he’s famous and they’re not.”

Her friend looked like she was about to choke someone. “This is Alec Dalton we’re talking about! A freaking Greek God! If not that, you have to at least admit that he is pretty talented at acting!” she exclaimed.

Jasmine laughed while shaking her head, “I’m sorry to spoil the moment, but first of all, I don’t think Greek Gods are hot at all. Second of all, Alec Dalton is just another pretty boy with talent, which is the only thing he’ll ever be, a boy with good looks and talent, but not much else.”

Natalia rolled her eyes, “You do realize that this comment is coming from a girl who has never been kissed—”

“And damn proud of it!” cut in Jasmine, taking her eyes off her painting again.

“Geez Jazzy…you’re almost twenty and you haven’t gotten kissed yet…I don’t think that’s anything to be proud of; in fact that’s kind of embarrassing if you ask me…”

She turned slightly red in anger. “What’s up with people and dating? I swear, nowadays it’s practically illegal to be single! Why can’t people realize it’s not the end of the world if you’re not in love, and appreciate the fact that being single is amazing?”

“Well, you can’t be single forever!” argued Natalia, “I know you’re waiting to find the right guy, but that doesn’t mean you can’t start looking now. In fact, I can help hook you up with someone.” 

Jasmine sighed in frustration and tossed the paint brush aside. She decided that she couldn’t continue painting without getting pissed off and screwing up her artwork. For a moment she stayed silent before her watch started to beep. “Look, I don’t have time for this. I have to go take my shift at Starbucks.” she said, while gathering her paint brushes and paint palette so she can dump them into the kitchen sink later.

Natalia rolled her eyes, “You need to stop working so often! This is partially the reason why you don’t have a boyfriend. All you do is work, work, and work! You really need to go out and enjoy life more… maybe find a cute guy while you’re at it!” she hollered after her.

“Oh please! I am enjoying life!” she argued, now facing her auburn haired friend.

“Like what?”