Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

“No, I don’t care what I said before, I will not be driving you and your date around or babysitting your little sister,” said Jasmine stubbornly as she leaned against the doorframe with her arms crossed.

Alec smirked, “Yeah, I thought you’d say that,” he said, sounding almost casual.

Jasmine suddenly looked up at him, her eyes narrowing in suspicion, “Okay great…” she said slowly, as if trying to determine the cause of his casual remark. “Now do me a favor and leave me alone—”

“I guess you won’t need this then,” he cut in before taking out a golden pocket watch, almost the same one that he gave Jasmine a night ago.

Her jaws almost dropped in horror when she saw the glistening pocket watch dangling in front of her eyes, “I hope that isn’t mine,” she said slowly, although she had a feeling she knew what the answer may be.

At the expression of Jasmine’s face, Alec laughed, “Hate to break it to you babe, but the other one I gave you last night was a fake,” he said with a shrug.

Jasmine stood there for a second, staring at him in rage before furiously making a move to stomp on his toes. Her quest was stopped short when a bodyguard quickly intervened.

After pulling the bodyguard made sure that she was a good distance from Alec, he spoke.

“Alright if that’s what you want, suit yourself then, I’m sure I can find someone else to replace you for both jobs,” he said before turning to leave.

Jasmine gritted her teeth and clenched her first as she watched him walk away. Rage was still boiling inside her, not ceasing one bit. Not only did she want her actually pocket watch back, but she needed money and Alec knew it. Did she have a choice? She already decided not to bother Jace with her other problems, but the choice now lies between accepting Alec’s job offer and getting her watch back, or going back to her father. She’d probably take the first choice…

Taking a deep breath, dreading the words as she spoke, “Alec, wait!”

***

More than once, Jasmine had questioned herself about why she had even agreed to drive Alec and his date around. It was one of the most torturous things she had ever experienced. One may say driving two people around isn’t that bad, but when you can hear two people continuously making out, it isn’t fun. Even with the window up, separating the driver side with the back, she could still hear it faintly. Deciding that she had enough, Jasmine quickly turned the radio on and cranked up the volume. Soon the song; Haven’t Had Enough By: Marinas Trench was booming throughout the limo, eliminating any other noise around.

Just as Jasmine was getting comfortable, the tinted window between the driver side and the back side slide down, revealing two very pissed off people.

“Turn the radio down!” snarled Alec as the girl beside him, whom Jasmine believed to be Bonnie Fleming gave her a death glare.

“Sorry sir, but I’m having trouble concentrating with you two practically having sex in the back,” she muttered.

“Aleccc!” whined Bonnie as she tugged on his arm, “Can’t you change chauffeurs? I know you offered some poor girl money, but I don’t like her at all,” she complained.

Jasmine suddenly slammed the car breaks, tossing the two in the back seat forward. This was the last straw for her; she was going to be sick if she heard anymore whining from a whore, “You know what? I quit! After putting up with you and your pig of a date for so long today, I realize that I don’t need your money now…or my pocket watch!” She shouted furiously as she opened the door and slide out.