She turned away from him and continued walking, feeling a sharp sting in her chest, knowing he was staring at her back with his confused shiny hazel eyes. Her heels clunked on the tiled floors. Agitated, she took them off and took a pair of sneakers out of her purse.

Sam blinked at her. "You have shoes in your bag?"

She shrugged. "You can't sneak up on anyone if your footsteps echo in any room." She held the faux leather bag out with one finger. "I also have an extra gun, salt, holy water, and a few knives in here."

He chuckled and shook his head.

Dani slung the bag back over her shoulder and winked at him. "A girl's got to know how to accessorize."

She jerked her head behind her. "Lets go find a nun or something."

Sam quickly fell into step next to her. They weaved through halls of candles and prayer books, everything smelling distinctly of incense.

After a half hour or so of stopping random patrons, clergymen, and nuns to ask quick questions, the pair found themselves in a room full of books. Dani felt the spine of a hymn book when Sam said, "Hey, look at this."

She made her way across the creaky floor to him. Her eyes skimmed the words on the page.

"What the bloody hell kind of language is that?" she asked, baffled.

"Enochian." Sam scoffed. "A language of the angels."

Her eyes widened. She then looked around the room, and something shiny caught her eye. "What's this?" Dani picked up an angel blade from a corner of a book case.

"We should bring these back to Cas and Dean," she said, looking up at him.

Sam nodded and handed the book to her. "Can you fit this in your bag?"

She smirked. "What do you think?"

******

Dean sat on his bed, polishing some angel blades as Castiel read over the book from the church.

"The angel we are looking for is definitely in that church," he said.

"So, what's the plan?" Dani asked, settling down on the unoccupied bed with a bottle of water.

"Go in there tonight," Dean answered, "guns blazing."

She raised her eyebrows and nodded once to herself.

Sam cleared his throat. "Hey, guys, could we get some food?" he suggested. "We still have a few hours."

His brother shrugged. "I ain't complaining." He nods to Castiel. "C'mon, Cas, lets go."

The angel slowly rose to follow Dean, raising an eyebrow at Sam and Dani. Still, he said nothing and left the room with Dean.

Sam turned to her once they were alone. "So, what's going on? What did you wanna tell me?"

Dani sighed, placing her water on the nightstand. "I just feel like I should be open with you about... my past... A few years ago, I..." How should she go about saying this? She bit her lip.

"My brother, Joseph, was the best thing in my life," she restarted. "Our dad raised us as hunters, until he died. Naturally, we couldn't go back to a normal life in London. That was when I met David, he helped us with hunts and just with getting along in general." Her face burned at the thought of his face. "He always kept us safe, always. I-- we trusted him."

Sam's jaw clenched, and realization set into his face; he knew what was coming next, but still allowed Dani to continue.

"One day we picked up the trail of a werewolf case. It should have been any other case, like a milk run, but we were working on it for a week and we still hadn't wiped out the pack. We were all frustrated and tired and we just wanted to be done with them. So, David came up with a plan." She squeezed her eyes shut and shook her head to herself.

"There was only one more left; he wanted to use Joey as bait. Of course, I refused; he was just a kid, he was too young... But, David promised-- he promised he wouldn't let anything happen to him. And, like and idiot, I... I believed him. I let him put the most important person in my life, my only family left, in danger because I trusted him." Dani clenched her hands into fists and her nails bit into her skin.

"A-and when the night came... He couldn't keep him s-safe," she said her voice braking. Hot tears welled in her dark eyes.

Sam, heart breaking, sat down on the bed next to her and held her in his arms as her shoulders shook with silent tears. They sat there like that for a minute, Sam letting Dani cry. But, naturally, Dani did not let herself cry for too long. She sat back but he still held her close, cupping her face in either hand.

"I didn't understand why you were so afraid to trust us before," he began. "But, Dani, we-- I'm not him. I wish you never had to go through that, I know how hard that must've been for you and I know how much you must hate him now. And I don't blame you..." He trailed off, but there was nothing more to be said. Dani let him know the truth and she felt better and worse at the same time for different reasons.

Sam kissed her forehead, holding her there for a moment. Her skin tingled, yearning for more than just that soft touch. He looked into her eyes, so much emotion in that one glance. Not able to stand it the space between them, Dani shut her tearful eyes and kissed him. His soft mouth moved against hers slowly, carefully. She wished she could freeze this moment and live in it forever, but there was an angel that needed killing.

******

WHY AM I SO BAD AT UPDATING?????? OMGGG

I'm sooooo sorry I've just been so busyyyyyy

This chapter literally took forever to right, I had such bad writer's block

I loved it though, it was great in the end

Comment, vote, all that good stuff

-Sammi Winchester