3. Cravings

A/N:

I haven't added a warning for mature content this chapter, and there doesn't need to be one (yet). Everything that happens could be seen on daytime tv, so if you're not into smut, don't worry about it <3. Okay, that's all. Proceed.

---

"Dinah. Dinah."

Hearing her name, Dinah rolled over onto her side. The light on her night table flickered on, and she groaned and pulled her pillow over her head. "Go away," she mumbled.

There was a rustling noise and Dinah could feel the bed dip. The pillow was pulled away from her face, and she scowled, opening her eyes to see Lauren kneeling in front of her. Her wife's eyes were wide, her hair messy, and she was wearing one of Dinah's big flannel button downs, almost halfway unbuttoned and falling off of her shoulder. She wasn't wearing pants. Normally this image would've gotten more of a reaction from Dinah, but she was too tired to appreciate it. Instead, she closed her eyes again.

"Dinah!" Lauren's voice was louder now. "Come on, baby, wake up." She grabbed Dinah's shoulders, shaking her a little bit.

"Mmm..." Dinah groaned. "What time is it?" There was more rustling, then she felt the weight of her phone in her hand, and reluctantly opened her eyes to look at the time.

"Fucking shit, Lo, it's one in the morning! What do you want?" Dinah stiffened a bit. "Is there something wrong? Do we need to go to the hospital?"

"No! No, I'm fine," Lauren said, running her hand through her hair and making it look even more thoroughly tousled. Dinah bit her lip.

"Alright, then why am I awake at one in the morning?"

"We're out of peanut butter," Lauren said seriously. Blinking a few times, Dinah stared up at her wife.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? I must have heard wrong."

"I said, we're out of peanut butter," Lauren repeated.

"Okay, I'll get some tomorrow. Now get back in bed and stop talking," Dinah replied, tugging on Lauren's hand and shutting her eyes again.

"No, I need some," said Lauren, staying upright and tugging her hand back. "I can't explain it, I just really need peanut butter."

"We can't get you more peanut butter at one in the morning, so you're gonna have to get over it."

There was a pause, and Lauren was quiet for a moment. Dinah sighed, thinking she'd finally convinced her.

"Actually, we can," Lauren said in a small voice. "Get more, I mean. There's that 24 hour grocery store a couple of blocks away, remember?"

Dinah groaned with frustration, and rolled on her back. "I am not walking to the 24 hour grocery store with you at one in the morning because you have a craving!"

After a few moments, the sheets rustled again, and Dinah opened her eyes just in time to see Lauren climb on top of her, straddling her waist. Dinah looked up at her, surprised, expecting Lauren to pout and try to convince her. Instead, Lauren tilted her head to the side, eyes traveling slowly down to where her hands rested on her wife's stomach, then back up to meet the other woman's gaze again. Dinah swallowed, always stunned at Lauren's ability to completely immobilize her with that stare.

Pushing her hair back, Lauren smiled slightly and adjusted her flannel over her chest, letting it fall farther over her shoulder. Dinah knew Lauren was trying to manipulate her, but she couldn't help it - her eyes immediately followed the movements of Lauren's hand.