Sneaking Out.

Ben Daniels (aka Fox) was not particularly happy. It is never a good thing to have to escort a group of soldiers or agents to someone, it's a bad omen. At least in MI it is. Usually means someone is in deep doodoo. Escorting K-unit to see Cub (the teenager whom Fox had been tasked with "guarding") made him feel even more uneasy than usual. He had a feeling that this was going to be embarrassing. And entirely Cub's fault.

Sure enough after a journey that mostly consisted of sitting in the back of a military vehicle and trying to be friendly (*not severely injure/kill someone each time he was asked if they were there yet), they arrived at the safe house. Just outside the gate was, inevitably, a suspiciously Cub-shaped figure. By now Ben was resigned to his fate so stepped out of  the jeep ready for a verbal spar.

"Alex? You snuck out again didn't you."
"Just because I'm a teenager and it's after my curfew and I'm out of the house doesn't mean I have snuck out! Besides, snuck suggests that I had to put effort in rather than just strolling out the front door."
K unit's jaws were hanging loosely but Ben's eyebrows appeared to be trying to merge with his hair.
"Strolling out the front door past all of the Military Grade traps and alarms?"
"You really shouldn't leave the code for disarming those lying around. It's not safe."
"Really? Lying around in a high security safe in a secret room that you're not supposed to know about? Alex, why?"
"You confiscated my xbox! What was I supposed to do?"
"Your homework!"
"All done."
"Is it right? Remember that F you got last month."
"Easy Foxy. Every teen gets a failing grade at some point."
"Alex. It was in French."
"So?"
"You speak French fluently."
"I was tired and, to get back on topic, I wasn't sneaking out. I was sneaking in."