quattro; murphy's law

IN MY TIME OF DYING.

04. QUATTRO : murphy's law (n.e)

Cecilia tried to ignore the fact that she had been seen by not only Alice but Rosalie when leaving the hospital. The blonde girl, as Cecilia looked from the corner of her eye, was clearly angry. The furrowed brows and hard set jaw of the flawless girl made Cecilia curious. Now she knew Rosalie was a girl who'd present herself as standoffish and rude, but Cecilia knew she rarely was those things when she opened up toward people.

Whatever seemed to have happened within the past few hours made Rosalie furious beyond her wildest dreams. Maybe it was Bella almost getting hit by a car or maybe it was the fact that Edward had saved her. She didn't know. She was just curious.

She knew now was not the time for talking or being noticed. Sinking below the radar was something that could be easily done, seeing as though most of the student body didn't know she existed. Cecilia let her shoulders slump as she ducked her head down, preferring to stare at her ballet flats instead of whatever was in front of her. All the drama she could avoid just by doing so was something of a miracle all on its own.

The brunette quickly strode toward the exit, passing her favorite blonde without a single look. It was unusual for her not to stop and talk to the girl she'd normally love to talk to, but in this situation, being stuck in the hospital was an embarrassment. No doubt Alice had already told her.

The glass doors pushed open easily as she rushed into the cool air of the afternoon. Grey clouds filled the sky like normal, leaving the sky to match her grey mood. It seemed as if it could rain sometime soon. Knowing the weather in Washington, that rain was almost definite.

Halfway home the light patter of rain soothed her nerves, erasing some of the tension that had gathered in her shoulders. Thoughts raced throughout her mind wondering the reason for her to have another MRI. The only reason she could think of why they needed to do an MRI was because something was wrong. She hoped that wasn't the case, but life never worked that way.

Her life had become the epitome of what Murphy's Law proved. Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. It was the sad story of her life. She sighed, tightening her grip on the wheel for a split second, considering whether or not it was worth it to crash into a tree and just be done with everything. It didn't take long to realize what a dumb idea that would be and the people she'd leave behind. Cecilia would never be able to leave the people she loved. She hated seeing them upset because of her.

As she came to a stop in front of her house, Cecilia stopped, staring into the window where she could see her mother talking on the phone, a frown etched onto her face making her look years older than she really was. Slowly, she stepped out of the car. She wondered who her mom was talking to on the phone, but it didn't take a genius to know. She was most likely talking to Dr.Cullen about what had happened.

Cecilia rubbed at the small bandage as she walked up the gravel pathway towards her house. The baby blue that covered the exterior of the house seemed to fade away with age and years of unrelenting rain. Wind chimes fluttered in the breeze, anxiously ringing to the sound of each gust. The cool air nipped at Cecilia's ears and nose and she wrapped her jacket just a little bit tighter around her body. In the distance, the sung had begun to set underneath the layer of clouds leaving a gloomy aura that covered the forest.

She pulled back the wooden door, entering the house only to hear her mother's tired words waft from the kitchen. Cecilia dropped her bag near the stairs, making her way towards the kitchen. Her mother came into view, looking worse than Cecilia felt.