ch. 4

Atticus was in a state of shock as he stared at Elizabeth. She stared at the ground and looked up to meet his eyes. Atticus was trying to hold tears in as Harry excused himself from the compartment. As Elizabeth tried to speak, a few tears trailed down Atticus' face. 

She expected him to say, 'Where were you all these years?' or, 'thank you for being alive.' But instead, it was a, "You make me sick." 

Atticus was now standing and at face level with Elizabeth. "You killed them. You're a lunatic," he sneers at her as she snaps her head up and laughs. 

Something was controlling Elizabeth's emotions at that sudden moment. 

"Dear brother, haven't I always been since day one? While they attacked, you were helplessly on the ground with blood around you and not even helping," she says. 

Atticus stares at Elizabeth with a hard expression and snarls. "I hope you get attacked by The Dark Lord and die. Your house rests beneath the depths of Slytherin, you Death Eater." Atticus storms out of the compartment as Elizabeth looks out the window. 

"Liz?" a familiar voice says from beside her. It was Hermione. "Are you okay?" she asks as she rubs Elizabeth's back. 

Elizabeth flinches at the touch and tries to hold back the hot tears. She bit her lip so that the taste of metal filled her mouth. Elizabeth looked up and nodded after making eye contact with Hermione. "I'm totally fine. Now where are the others, I suppose?" 

Hermione's honey colored eyes filled with worry as she sighed and replied, "Getting chocolate frogs. My prefect's duty is done so you don't mind if I read, right?" Elizabeth shook her head before looking out the window and falling into a deep slumber. 

"Wake up Elizabeth!" a yell beside her lurches her up from the compartment seat. After the encounter with her brother, she was shaken up a little.

 "We're at Hogwarts," Ron says with a joyful tone and leads the way out the train with Harry, Hermione, and Elizabeth trailing behind. As soon as the cool breeze hit her face, she breathed in the sweet scent of evergreen trees. 

"Now I'm free of my mind here," she whispered and closed her eyes as she took in the scene happening.

 "Hurry up, prat. You're holding up people." Elizabeth's eyes snapped open and Harry whipped out his wand. A pale boy with crystal blue eyes and pale blonde hair was now staring at her and gave her an apologetic expression.

"Surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free, Potter. You better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it," the pale boy says as Ron and Hermione had to restrain Harry from doing anything to the other boy and his cronies walking along him.

 "You stay away from me!" Harry yells with anger full in his tone as the boy mumbles something to his cronies and walked away. 

"Who's that, Hermione?" Elizabeth whispers to her friends as Ron breathes out and says, "It's only Draco Malfoy. You'll have to expect that, Harry."

The four walked to a line of carriages lined up and a carriage filled with girls was just about to take off as one of the girls smiled at Harry and he smiled back. Elizabeth looks between the girl and clenches her fists. A dangerous look flashed in her face but soon faded away as a plump enough boy came beside them and says, "Hey guys."