ch. 1

It was a regular summer day and Elizabeth Markes was in physical pain. Her arms were hurting from all the mending spells from her attempt of breaking out through the window.

Her head was hurting so much that she was in agony. And her stomach was also killing her because of her healing ribs.

It was then that Elizabeth heard a sound of cracking and she turned her head. "Hello Miss Markes. I am Albus Dumbledore and I have come here to talk to you about Hogwarts, a school of magic,"

At that point, Elizabeth thought that man was a mental and psychotic man that was trying to mess with my brain.

"I think you have the wrong room. The kids with dysfunctional problems are in the other corridors," the green eyed girl said as she looked at Albus Dumbledore with a weird look.

Albus chuckled and says, "No, Miss Markes. I'm pretty sure this is the right room. You see, you have a special power. A power that can be used against you if not taken care of. And perhaps you think magic isn't real?"

The wise man wave his hand at a table by the door and it floated across the room. Elizabeth widens her eyes as she stares at the man. "I would love to go to your school just to get out of here but I don't think they'll let me out. I mean, I did kill my own parents,"

Albus just smiled at her and says in a lower voice, "Doesn't mean that I can't sneak you out. Can you pack your stuff?" Elizabeth nodded as she packed together the few pieces of the same clothing she wore each week and worn out shoes in a big plain black bag. Her purple amulet rests along her neck as she puts on her combat boots.

"Take my arm, Elizabeth," Albus says as the brunette haired girl took his arm and in a few seconds, they apparated to a creepy and weird looking building. There was the number '11' on the door in front of them and next to it was a '13'.

"Where's twelve?" Elizabeth questioned  and with a wave of Albus' hand, a series of rumbling happened. The door for number '12' suddenly appeared as the two walked in. Elizabeth looked around as Albus guided her upstairs and went back downstairs to a weird room.

She went into the room that Dumbledore directed her and she opened the door. A girl with strawberry blonde hair, freckles around her nose, and crystal blue eyes was reading a book with a girl with chestnut brown hair that was untamed and looked like a lion's mane.

Elizabeth coughed and said, "Hello, I'm Elizabeth and uh... I think his name is Albus... I just got accepted in this magic school. I'm sorry if you think I'm crazy,"

The girl with the untamed hair laughed and stood up from the sofa she was sitting on, "It's okay. We go to that school too actually. You're not alone,"

Elizabeth nods and says, "Alright, I guess I'll unpack my stuff." The two girls smile at her as the strawberry blonde haired girl says, "I'm Ginny Weasley, and this is Hermione Granger by the way,"

Elizabeth doesn't respond as she unpacks her few, neatly folded clothing. "Hermione can you help me– who's this?" a boy with ginger hair, tons of freckles, and baby blue eyes asked as he licked his lips.

"She's Elizabeth. She'll stay with us up to Hogwarts Ron. And what do you want?" Hermione says with an annoyed tone.

"Where's George?" Ron asked. "Right here little bro." Three boys appeared on Elizabeth's bed. Elizabeth screamed as she jumped back and her expression was steamy.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" she yelled as one of the boys, a ginger haired and light brown eyed one said, "Nothing's wrong sexy. Fred and George Weasley at your service,"

The two twins high-five each other as the other boy, who wore round glasses that showed his glowing emerald eyes that had a twinkle to them. He had jet black hair and a straight nose. He cleared his throat and said, "Harry. Harry Potter,"

Of course Elizabeth knew the name, but she wasn't effected by it. "Elizabeth Markes." she replied. Although the teens she just met had a pretty bad first impression, she knew she would be great friends with them.

"Guys, come down now! Dinner's ready!" a voice yelled from downstairs. "Great. I was bloody starving." Ron says as Ginny rolls her eyes at her brother. "Brother dear, you're always hungry,"

Ron grunts at his sister as the bunch walked down the stairs.

*      .      *    .  *

Elizabeth was surprised the people were treating her like she was there all along. She was mostly quiet throughout the dinner but she felt like she had a connection with Harry Potter.

He was mostly in her visions that woke up to her panting and sweating with a trail of blood on her left wrist. Harry gaze met Elizabeth's eyes and he smiled. Elizabeth smiled back and started to get into her serving of green beans and lamb chops with pumpkin juice and rhubarb crumble.

"So Elizabeth, what are you? Are you a muggle born? Half-blood? Pure blood?" Ginny asked the brunette haired girl. Elizabeth cleared her throat and mumbled, "Pureblood,"

Everyone nodded at her and a few minutes later, everyone was full. "Nearly time for bed," Mrs. Weasley said with a yawn as Sirius stopped her and turned to Harry. "I'm surprised. As soon as you got here, I thought you would be asking a whole lot of questions about Voldemort. An awkward aura passed through the room as Elizabeth quietly said, "I also thought you guys would hate me for killing my parents under Voldemort's control,"

Everyone looked at her in shock but ignored her. There was later on an argument with Molly and Sirius  with a furious Ginny stomping up the stairs and now everyone in their rooms. "Liz, can I ask you a question? And it's okay to call you Liz right?" Hermione asked as Elizabeth nodded.

"Were you really under Voldemort's control when you did it?"

*         .        *    .   *

 >> (Hey guys! I EXTREMELY APOLOGIZE FOR THE LONG WAIT!!

  Also, sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to update as soon

as I could because exams start in like 1-2 weeks :( You guys should expect

longer chapters in the future! (1500-2000 words) Thank you so much for keeping up

with me!!!) <<

P.S. pleasee check out my new book "Scream," and if you're wondering, no, it's not another love story. If I get 3 votes on it, I'll update twice this week and I'll upload the second chapter to 'Firelighter' and the first chapter to 'Scream'. See? A big package and treat!

~Shannon