Chapter 5. The Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"Qiansui, are you really going to be married to that woman for real?" Asked the beautiful lady of Zhao. With her natural straight hair falling down on her back elegantly, she walked off to the man who was no other but the crown prince, Jianyu. Lady Lifen stared at the handsome prince's back who was standing so sturdy on their pavilion, the place where Jianyu had made as his private place that nobody was not allowed to be there but him and his beloved.

Jianyu was standing so sturdy yet his face was grim of the misery he had to endure. He wanted to be with Lifen, he was willing to give up everything just to be with her. But his destiny was too cruel to be true. He was not able to be with the one he wanted to love for the rest of his life, he had to be the kingdom's puppet and was to be wedded to a lady that was chosen by his parents. The future Emperor clenched his palms as he gritted his teeth desperately. Why? Why should this happen to him all out people?

"Qiansui!" His beloved yelled, she sounded desperate and in need of an answer.

The Crown Prince sighed deeply before he turned to meet the apple of his eye. "Lifen..." he started slowly, he then rubbed the pretty lady's cheeks lovingly. He, out of those people, who was known as an evil prince always had a soft spot that only belonged to Zhao Lifen. "I am very sorry, my love. I cannot avoid all of this thing to happen to us. But I shall marry her, she is the lady that is chosen to stand by my side, Lifen. I have no choice, I have to do it or else I wont be able to be with you anymore..." The prince explained with so much gentleness on it.

Lifen was furious inside, but she would not allow the future emperor to see through her. She should act as sweet as possible to win him over, after all he was the next heir of the throne. He had the highest position within this kingdom and she needed to be the one he chose over everybody. "But... how can I be allowed to stay by your side when you have her with you?" She chose her words nicely sounding so sad in his ears.

"I am the future Emperor. I will be the one who rule this kingdom, once I be the Emperor, the ruler of this land. I shall make you my wife, Lifen...I will do anything for us to be together," Jianyu uttered steadily staring into his lover's eyes. His hand was stroking Lifen's soft black hairs tenderly, before he pulled her into his arms. To feel the warmth of hers was the most important thing that Jianyu always wanted to do.

In other hand, Lady Zhao formed an evil smile on her beautiful face. People might not believe her to turn this evil just for a position within the inner palace. The sweet innocent Lifen was no longer there, after all she was the daughter of the devil Minister Zhao.

Like what the old said, an apple wouldn't fall too far from its tree.

"Yes, Jianyu... I believe in you... after all it is only me who is suitable enough to be your Empress..."

**********************************************

Somewhere in the palace, inside the imperial harem. There was a lady who was famous for her beauty even though she was already old enough to be a grandmother. The woman who saw her beauty would be envious, the man who saw her beauty would be mesmerized. She, the famous beauty which was well-known as the royal consort of the Emperor, Luo Guifei ( Consort Luo, the highest royal consort). She was the mother of the second prince, Fengge and the third prince, Enlai. As beautiful as she appeared, she was also known to be thirst for possessions, especially the throne. With the beauty she had, she was able to make Emperor fall deeply for her.

However, no matter what she did, she still could not get the position of Empress. She hated the Empress with passion, especially when the Empress gave birth of the crown prince a month before she gave birth to her own son, Fengge.