Chapter 1. Lady Xiulan

Here is the very first chapter of The Emperor's Diamond

Here is the very first chapter of The Emperor's Diamond. I hope you like it! Please vote, commend and add it to your library! Hehe.

Cute Jimmy Lin above as Xiulan!

"Guniang (Lady)...." A voice calling a young lady who was sitting so gracefully in her room.

Smiling warming, the young lady looked up at her maid, "What's up, Huidai?" she asked.

The maid smile back and give her a small box. "Here is my gift for you, Guniang... tomorrow is your birthday. So I buy this for you..." she sighed feeling nervous all of a sudden looking down at the ground in shame.

That young lady smiled sheeply opening the small box. "Woahh... it is beautiful Huidai... thanks for the gift. I am so sorry to have you spent your money just to buy this pendant for me..." she said while holding the butterfly pendant in her hands.

"Xiulan-Guniang... I already take care of you for ten years... you are a good lady, Guniang... I think that pendant will look great when you wear that..." Huidai answered gratefully feeling so blessed to be able to make her favorite lady happy with a small gift from her.

Xiulan smiled at that maid as she kept holding the pendant. She was happy with the gift she just got. "Thanks Huidai... I am so happy with this gift.... And thanks for taking care of me for this past 10 years..."

The maid nodded while smiling happily at her lady. "Guniang... I need to do my work now...Have a nice day Guniang... Excuse me..."

Xiulan nodded in reply with a smile on her beautiful face. She turned her attention to the pendant she was holding. "You are so beautiful... I will treasure you like Huidai treasures me..." she mumbled cutely.

Then she kept that pendant inside her wardrobe, Xiulan finally decided to go out from her camber, she was bored because she didn't have something to do there.

"Xiulan..." called out a handsome guy from behind. Xiulan glanced at that person and smiled widely after knowing who he was. "Changming-Xiankunzhong (Respectful Brother)..." She said cheerfully.

"Xiulan, where do you want to go?" Changming asked while smiling warmly.

"I want to meet Zungtang (Respectful mother), Xiankunzhong..." she answered sweetly.

Changming pat his sister's head gently. "Xiulan... you love Zungtang so much, don't you? Until you never spend your free time with your own brother..." he said acting sad like a drama queen he was.

"Hahahahaha... Xiankunzhong... I need to take care of Zungtang... I don't want to see her lonely because I am not by her side..." Xiulan laughed as she covered her mouth with her beautiful palm.

Changming just smiled sweetly to his little sister. He felt so proud of Xiulan. Even Xiulan is a daughter of a faithful minister, she had never been arrogant and acted like other lady did. She was always being Xiulan who had a kind heart.