=•= Chapter 5 =•=

[• BAILEY'S POV •]

I opened my eyes at the twilit illumination. I winced slightly at the pain that surged in every nook and cranny of my back, and with a twist I found myself in a pile of boulders. My eyes slightly widen and I stood up from the pile. The cloudless sky was the color of lavender with a hint of sky blue in the east, two stars fixated on the top like a spotlight from heaven. When I inhaled, the air seemed limited and thin, and no breeze was felt.

I brought a hand to my forehead and recalled the possible reasons of me being here. I was at a party with my friends.....I stayed for an hour before the latter to help clean......and a zombie cyborg attacking us!

Am I dead? I squinted my eyes and looked up to the sky, feeling as if I was already in heaven. A few kilometers away, I saw red soil on the edges of the boulders that stretched for a mile. Trees with twisted trunks in different colors covered my vantage point.

I  headed to the forest, and stopped after being a meter away from my current spot. I had to check something first.

I gave myself a slap across the face. "Ouch."

Yep, still alive.

I continued my never ending walk, my feet occasionally sinking between the crevices of the boulders. The rocks became larger and larger to the point where I had to climb over them. With an exasperated sigh, my feet met the red grime. I scanned my surroundings as I traipsed casually, when my insides felt like it was about to blow from anxiety. I had to find my friends and make sure they're safe.

A labourer's breath, almost sounding like a sob resounded in my surroundings like echoes entrapped within a cave. I instinctively turned my head around the places where I heard the sobs, and followed it towards a clearing with brown, wilted weeds. As I walked, I saw a balled up figure shivering behind a lattice of brown weeds.

"Ethan.....please.....please save me." I flinched at the mention of her friend's name. She touched her shoulder, as the figure swiveled her head back and brimmed with tears.

"Yin? Why-- how are you here?"

"B-b-bailey?" Her eyes widened before narrowing with relief and tackled the redhead's stomach. She wailed dramatically.

"I'm so scared, Bailey!" Her voice muffled in her T-shirt.

"Yin, calm down." I said.

"Breathe! Breathe...." I instructed as Yin calms down. "Tell me how you got here? Or at least what you remember since you got here."

Yin's jaw clenched in fear and gripped the fabric of Bailey's shirt.

"At our mansion.....After I helped clean....more like forced....I went upstairs. I suddenly heard the sound of shattering glass. I rushed downstairs. And then I saw you unconscious in front of a person with a cloak, and when it saw me, it flew up to me and I fell unconscious. I woke up in this weird place and almost got attacked by wolves! I don't know what to do and went here since I don't know where to go." Her voice went from soft, to aggressive, and hysterical. Ethan was right, Yin really is two-faced.

"So the cyborg has something to do with this." I muttered and Yin shrieked.

"C-c-c-cyborg!?"

I resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Never mind, let's go find your big brother and the others." Yin nodded and plucked the brown weeds from the field.

Yin saw me walking away. "Hey, wait!" She held the weeds to her chest and her other free hand had a fistful of weeds and held it out in her surroundings like a shield, like...in case a wolf came prowling at us.