=•= Chapter 1 =•=

Ever since my parents made a decision to move into a new neighborhood, I had no choice but to obey, now look where it's gotten me. They're just so inconsiderate sometimes, they knew that our old home was the only place that I got used to. But I grew onto it. I just wished my dad's inventions didn't attract so many companies that probably want to overthrow the government and caused my dad to work in different workplaces. Which means that almost every year we had to move. Sometimes, it sucks being a child of a famous inventor.

Then I was forced to study at this new school called 'Polaris Science High' which I deemed the name to be quite ludicrous, considering it's named after a star. My father was very well known for his inventions, and therefore, was paid an insanely amount of cash, which he used to get me into the country's best of the best.

He wanted me to be like him, a world famous inventor. He got me into this school mostly, because this used to be the school he graduated from, and now became that. Never even interested in knowing what I wanted. The first day of school is tomorrow.

After beating stage 6 of my favorite video game, I decided to sleep. I limply walked to the bed and gave a weak yawn. I felt my eyes sting every time I yawn and moistens my eyes, feeling that if I blink, I'll go blind. But, before that, I gave a quick glance at the clock.

2:00 AM

I felt my eyes go weak, and dozed off into slumber.

[THE NEXT MORNING]

The continuous beeping of the alarm clock jolted me awake as rays of morning sunshine lit up the mundane room. I kicked of the duvet covering my lower part of my body, and sat at the edges of my bed.

My eyes widened, shock took over my whole body as I fumbled to the clock, tripping on the process, to see that it's 7:45 AM. I scratched my hair and let out a scream, with an unpleasant adolescent cracking voice making it sound less manly and more of a shriek. I shook of the thought and frantically ran to the shower. First day of school is pretty much will be the worst day of the year. Well, it has been for me.

Playing video games until midnight was a rash decision, especially now that I'm going to a luxurious school filled with probably, spoiled and smart-ass students.

My pants were wrinkled, same goes to my polo with a few unbuttoned buttons, showing of some of my chest, and a gray tie loosely hanging on my neck rather than the collar, and my hair was still wet with water and gel, making me look like a bad boy. But, if you're in my place, you wouldn't give a single care about your attire. Just worried that on the first day you'll get detention. Happens every year.

I threw my bag over my shoulders, content that my father forced me to prepare my things last week, and marched down the staircase, slipping my feet into my into my school shoes.

My father was casually reading his newspaper, despite all these racket I'm creating, and gave me a quick scold.

"Hey, pipe down! Trying to read the local news here." He quipped and turned to the other page.

"Yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes in disdain before lunging out the door.

I ran swiftly like there was no tomorrow across the crowded neighborhood and accidentally toppling people on the way, which I deeply apologize for. I ran to the school gate, which was very mesmerizing. It has black metallic bars with gold embedded on its logo, which is legitimately the north star, Polaris. I slapped myself a few times. It was definitely worth to ogle at, but for now, I have to focus on the matter at hand.

The corridor was empty, making my heart race anxiously, assuming that the bell already rang. I  took the papers in my bag, which was wrinkled, saying that my class is in this corridor.